Wednesday 1 August 2012

Typically British - Blog Hop!

Hello Peeps

Thank you for popping by to see me on this British Blog Hop which has been organised by Nicola of Sunshine Reflections.  If you want more details please click HERE or click on the Union Jack on my sidebar.  The Schedule is:-


 August 1st

Sam (Hettie - me)

If you have got to Sam (Hettie - me) and you haven't been to see the other peeps, please feel free to go back to the beginning and see me again on the way around.

Well, I had to have a think about this project to share with you.  The theme is British and what can be more British than a good ole' cuppa tea.......

I was lucky enough to spend the afternoon of my birthday last month, with my lovely Cousin Tracey at The Ritz having a special Birthday Tea!  
Some Bunting for Celebrations made with my Stampin Up punch.  "Everything stops for..." was cut on my Silhouette.  The papers are all MME and the whole layout is shimmering with Gold Glimmer Mist to reflect the opulence of The Ritz.  
The famous shot of the side of The Ritz and inside the famous Palm Court.  Our table is the one to the left of the Waiter here.
Boy we were "full as eggs" once we had eaten our tea.  This is one Birthday I shall never forget.  The clock is from an Inkadinkado stamp.  The large blue "ribbon" was distressed, inked and run through the ribbler.
A great photograph of the two of us having just had our tea. 
Here are the top two plates of our tea tray.  The bottom plate had our sandwiches on. No crusts of course!

Right then.  Thanks for visiting and I hope you like my take on the British theme. Now off to HERE next to visit Angela.  Don't forget to go and visit the other ladies tomorrow for Day 2.  They are:-

August 2nd

Thanks Nicola for organising this Blog Hop.  It certainly has been fun taking part and great to see other folks' work.   It is such a good year for all things British too!


TTFN


Hettie

15 comments:

Sunshine Girl said...

Oooh what a lovely layout and tea at the Ritz how posh! that's something I have never yet done. Thank you so much for taking part.

donnalouiserodgers said...

Oh yes - nothing more wonderfully British that a lovely cup of tea (with cake)

your layout is fabulous, love the colours,

see you tomorrow - yikes _ i'm first up...

Bernice Hopper said...

Fabulous layout. Tea at the Ritz - how very British.

Sarn said...

You are one classy chick! Tea at The Ritz eh? Simply super dahling!

Seriously: Fab layout and lovely colour scheme.

Off to do some hopping . . . .xxx

Victoria said...

I think there's nothing more British than afternoon tea! Marvellous layout that reflects the sumptious-ness of the occasion!

Kate Yetter said...

Love your gorgeous and brigh layout! Tea is an obsession of mine even though I am not British. In fact, I have a cuppa Jasmine green tea sitting in front of me right now. Lovely smell..
Can't wait to see the rest of the projects!

Morti said...

Yup, tea at the Ritz is the most British of things to do.... Lovely layouts, Sam!

Not WOYWWing today?

Jak said...

Im so jealous!! Ive always wanted afternoon tea somewhere nice...hoping that my family will treat me on my 50th next year..fingers crossed!

Fab layout x

Angela said...

Loving the bunting!

Fishcake_random said...

There is certainly nothing quite a British as a good cup of tea. I would love to say I had taken tea at the Ritz! Might have to drop some hints to the hubby for an upcomming birthday
x x x

Unknown said...

Ooooh, what a wonderful treat, and a great LO to remember it with.

Missus Wookie said...

My Wookie would agree - he loves his tea. We've done afternoon teas in many places but never anywhere that posh! Harrods is the poshest many years ago.

I like the gold and blue theme and yep gold mist/shimmer gives the finishing touch :)

Di said...

Wonderful layout Sam, just perfect with the colours in the piccie - and a great memory of a very, sooooper-posh tea :) Grin, I see you only left one cake - do hope you smuggled it out or is that absolutely just not the done thing dahling?! Hugs, Di xx

Amy E said...

Stunning page! I love the colors you chose, and I think they're perfect for such a "Ritzy" layout!

I had fun hopping with you!

Amy E.
scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

Mandy R. said...

xxx