Monday 6 August 2012

Visit to Hay-on-Wye

Hello Peeps

I thought I would share with you some pictures which Hubby and I took of a visit to Hay-on-Wye last Saturday...

Taken from the Castle looking down over the main street.  Love this little town and not too far from my home.  And of course Hay-on-Wye is set among some fantastic scenery too.
This is part of the castle wall.  The colours of the stone really are lovely.
A colourful busker and he actually sounded pretty good.  I could not pass him without taking his photo, and I could not take his photo without popping some money in!
And what a treat for us to see a local family wedding.  The Bride was absolutely beaming in the back of the Landie and the front grill was covered in flowers too, but unfortunately I couldn't get the camera switched on quick enough.  Lovely bunting all around the town too.
Here is another shot of the castle from the road.  A lovely day out nosing around the book stores and the antique shops.  I did buy some antique sewing ephemera which will no doubt find their way onto a scrapbooking layout shortly.

Thanks for looking.

Hettie

5 comments:

Victoria said...

Looks fun! I've been to Hay-on-Wye once and just drooled around the bookshops, I seem to recall.

Sarn said...

I've been to Ross-on-Wye . . . is Hay close by? R-O-W was VERY pretty.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

ElizabethR said...

Looks lovely and it looks like you missed the rain as well. xxx

Anonymous said...

Great photo's, looks like a lovely place. I've also been to Ross-on-Wye, a lovely part of the country.

TFS xxx

Amanda said...

Wow haven't been to hay on wye for uh a long time. Mil loves old books so she loved it there. Hugs, Amanda x