Thursday 30 August 2012

Rudolph Day - When one became two...

Hello Friends

No!  I am not talking about divorces or anything nasty like that.  I was in my Room fiddling about with some C cards which I was going to recycle when I came across a card, which despite having fabulous images on I knew was too big for me to make another card with.  So.  Rather than bin the card, I cut it into two pieces, trimmed them a little and made two cards for the Rudolph Day Challenge!  

Along with some Snippets and stickers that I have had forever I now have another two cards for my Christmas card tin!  I even the like the top one with the cat on!!  
Hope you like and thanks for looking.  Why not recycle some of your old C cards and join in?  you have until Saturday!

Hugs

Hettie

12 comments:

Sarn said...

Oooh . . . fabby recycling/upcycling going on here. You've made 2 lovely cards.

As they are 2 separate cards, do you want them to be entries 2 AND 3 for your max chances of nabbing the stamp?

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Kim said...

Brilliant!! Great way to use everything! You are going to make me sit down and re-examine all my scraps...aren't you!

Eliza said...

Not that is smart I love it. I call it upcycling. LOL

Eliza

Anonymous said...

Great idea Sam, I will have to pick some nice ones out this C as usually send them to be recycled.

Love the blue ribbon xx

Victoria said...

oooo very snazzy upcycling! (that is the new buzz word, I believe!) Another two for the box!

donnalouiserodgers said...

Hi Hettie - can you please send me your email address using my contact tab on my website so I can send you your winnings...

dxx
www.adonnathing.com

Mrs A. said...

Nice job. Now I'm trying to see how they fitted together as one!
Total stands at 3 egg cozies but ones a rabbit so probably doesn't count!
(Well would you wear a rabbit costume if your a chicken). I kid you not. Ask Di.
Hugs Mrs A.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah super idea indeed Sam and I do similar things with Christmas cards too as it is much better than not doing it! Thanks so much for popping over and thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x Ps love the layouts below too! :D

Amanda said...

Gorgeous cards and green too. Really clever idea of cutting the image to make two cards, if I had tried that I would have half a snowman on each lol. Hugs, Amanda x

Di said...

Very clever Sam - I've also been trying to mentally piece the card together :)

And no chikkins in the playground, despite Mrs A knitting egg cosies!!

Hugs, Di xx

G Peplow said...

Hi Sam, Gorgeous Christmas cards, well done on your win :0) Happy Sunday to you, Gay x

Kate Yetter said...

Such a brilliant crafter you are! Love both of these cards! The top one is especially cute with the snowman.