Monday 20 August 2012

Christmas Card - Snippets

Hello Bloggers - I am back!

No, I haven't disappeared off the face of the earth, only had two lovely days at the NEC in Birmingham at the Quilt Exhibition.  I came home Friday evening tired, het up over the stop-start-stop traffic all the way home, and most definitely spent out!  Fergus came too and had his photo taken.  Will show you that another time!

I then went to Pontadarwe (near Swansea) on Saturday morning, after first driving part way and realising I had no indicators so had to stop, fiddle with the fuses then Hubby brought  Fran's car down and we went on our way!  Yesterday I tried to play catch up with housework, take my friend to the Retail Park (bought myself a lovely skirt in M&S for £1.50!! Gotta love bargains!) and then home to play more housework catching up and then flopped onto the settee for some well earned rest.  

Hopefully I will be able to play Blog catchup later this evening!

In the meantime, I thought I would show you a Christmas card I made last week!  Oops!  I mentioned the "C" word!  

The panel with the holly stamping on was made using a stamp which I embossed with white on a piece of watercolour paper.  I then stamped over the top with alcohol inks with a dash of gold in (you may just about see the shimmer).  I then made the tag (which comes out so the recipient may wish to recycle it next year) and I even used a sticker - yes - a STICKER!  I keep buying stickers and hardly ever use them! Oh! and some buttons.  All the papers were from my Snippets piles so I can join in the Playground.  I wonder if there is a hammock in the trees?

Hope you like and do not forget it is Rudolph Day on Saturday with my lovely Buddy Sandra at Stamping for Pleasure, so why not make a Christmas card or something and get an early start for this year?

TTFN

Hettie.


6 comments:

Sarn said...

Wonderful snippety festive card here Sam (See, I didn't use the C Word!).

Quite vintagey too. Lovely.

Thanks for the plug hunny xxx

Victoria said...

Yes, I was thinking earlier today that it's almost Rudolph Day. I seriously need to get organised for Christmas. It really will be here before we know it! Love the vintage feel of your card - lovely warming colours. Fab M& S bargain and I'm really pleased you had a lovely time at the Exhibition.

Di said...

Lovely card Sam, and how sweet to make it with a removeable tag.

Glad you enjoyed the exhibition - sounds like you've been a busy bee lately.

There are plans for a treehouse in the playground - blame Victoria!

Hugs, Di xx

Mrs A. said...

I don't like heights so no playing pirates for me in the playground. Like your added tag idea. Hugs Mrs a.

Kate Yetter said...

Very lovely! So much detail!

karen said...

Gorgeous card Sam! I love the holly stamped paper and that the tag can be taken out and used! Brilliant!
xoxo Karen