Thursday 2 August 2012

CC2C 15 - SSS - Honeycomb Sentiment

Hello Bloggers

Before I start my post today, I just would like to say a huge Congratulations to the British Team for all their achievements in the small event which is taking place over here called the Olympics.  You have all done a wonderful job regardless of whether you have achieved medals.  Well done boys and girls.  You are doing the country proud!  I have never enjoyed an Olympic event so much as I am this time. It may be possibly due to it all taking place in sociable hours!

Right, little ramble over, now I want to show you my latest piece of work for the Lovely Linda’s Compendium of Curiosities II Challenge as well as the Simon Says Stamp for this week.

Linda has asked us to turn to Tim Holtz’s book II at page 56 and make a piece using that technique.  As it happens, I had recently bought a new set of embossing folders which were dying to break free of the packaging and on Tuesday a new stamp arrived, which I had ordered.  So an idea was born to create this……  
The background was inked using Distress Inks (Wild Honey, Forest Moss, Rusty Hinge and Brushed Corduroy), spritzed with a little water and then stamped with a flurry of stamps (Hero Arts, Penny Black, Paperartsy, Blade Rubber).  The background for the sentiment was inked up and again spritzed, the sentiment stamped with Archival (coffee) and then embossed with clear embossing powder.

My Bees were stamped onto grungepaper using black Archival ink, embossed with clear embossing powder.  The bodies were coloured using Distress markers (Wild Honey) and the wings were painted using Pearl Perfect Pearls and waterbrush.   When I got home from work last night, Hubby had been decanting our first crop of honey into jars during the afternoon.  Mmmmmn!  Beautiful Honey on toast!  Perhaps that is why I love using these Bee stamps so much! 

I mounted the black cardstock onto canvas board, a little washi tape around the edge and then layered all the elements on top, punched hanging holes using Crop a dile and then wired the hanger, and added a little fluff to the wires and applied a liberal amount of Gold Glimmer Mist over the whole piece.  (Well!  Team GB did get two lovely gold medals yesterday didn't we!)

Simon Says Stamp is looking for sentiments so I am entering this piece in there too. 

Thanks for looking and please sign in to the Visitor’s Book so I know you have been.  Gotta love comments!

TTFN

Hettie


15 comments:

Candy C said...

Your piece is so pretty and I love the way you've really centered your design around your sentiment. I love the sentiment, by the way! Your honeycomb and bees really look awesome. I love the colors you've used and your design. Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Kate Yetter said...

I love love love this piece! Lovely elements. Everything looks fabulous to my eye! The honeycomb just glows. And such a great verse...so very true!
Kate

Di said...

Caramba! A fabulous project Sam - I love it, you clever little crafter :) Di xx

Sarn said...

I bow to your superior crafting skills xxxx

Anonymous said...

Ditto on your Olympic comments Hettie, l am seriously eating my words as said l'd dislike it intensely but actually am totally addicted! Come on team GB!

Your piece is fantastic, love the honeycomb and the bees are truly amazing. Not an inky girl but sometimes l do fancy a play and a chance to get covered in colour.

Big hugs xx

Victoria said...

You know how you want to come play with my ink pads? Well, I want to come and play at your house because you have some fantastic things... this piece is absolutely breathtaking!

Eliza said...

I love this piece of art, you are one great artist.

Eliza

anna christensen crafts said...

Love this!

G Peplow said...

Fabulous card Sam, I love the rich background and great sentiments! I echo your sentiments, what a success so far with the Olympics, I'm so pleased it's all going so well and have enjoyed it so much :0) xxx

Julia S-W said...

Congratulations - this is a beautiful piece.
Juliaxx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Lovely details on this creation Sam and congrats with your top 3 at SSSS

greetings, Alie :-)

Ana K. said...

Congratulations, beautiful card with a lot of awesome details!!
Hugs from Slovenia!

Maura said...

Congratulations! It is a gorgeous canvas!

Mandy R. said...

Many congratulations honey, in achieving the bronze position with ssss! Tho in my eyes,looking at this beautiful piece, I think you deserved the GOLD!!!xxx

toni said...

Great work Hettie congratulations on getting in the top three x