Friday 31 August 2012

CC101 - ATS - Joan's Birthday Card

Hello Friends

If you are looking for the Friday Funny post, don't fret, it is below this one.  I know, I don't usually do two posts in one day but needs must today!

You see I wanted to share with you my Mum-in-Law's birthday card as it is her birthday today!  Happy Birthday Joan!

The Peeps over at the Facebook group of CC101 wanted to see us use one of my favourite techniques "Spritz and Flick" and the Peeps over at ATS wanted to see Clean and Simple, so I mixed the two together and came up with this....

I first made a mask using a 5x7" card, cutting out the centre piece, then inked the centre with Mustard seed and Broken china DIs.  Spritzed and flicked then removed the mask and dried the card.  I used Cobalt Archival ink to ink up my Inkadinkado Hydrangea stamp and stamped this over the centre of the card.

Whilst I was looking for a sentiment to stamp on the card I came across the butterfly stamp and again using the Archival ink I stamped then watercoloured using the same DIs.  I decided against the usual HB as Joan still has the card up I made her two years ago.  Hopefully  Joan will like this one as much as she does love blue.  

Have a Great Weekend which hopefully involves plenty of crafting!

Don't forget to leave me a comment so I know you have been.

Hugs


Hettie


22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore that stamp Sam, it is beautiful and so detailed. Love the way you have stamped it over the inked part, it looks brilliant. I'm sure your MIL will love it too!

Have a good 'pinky' weekend.

Big hugs xx

Kim said...

Beautiful, as always!!! Have a great weekend.

Sarn said...

Well, you already know I think this is a BEAUTIFUL inky CAS card and I love it. Sure to be a winner with your MIL too.

Happy Friday.
Happy weekend (nearly).

Hugs
Sarn xxx

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous, that stamp is lovely - must get a wriggle on with my MIL's card. Have a fab weekend, off to Manchester Central in the morning, kerching............ xxxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous CAS card and perfect for our challenge at ATS this week. Your MIL is going to love it and the matching envelope! Thanks for joining us.

Karen x

Ann B said...

Beautiful stamp and you have used it so well with your spritz and flick card. Just perfect.
Ann B
xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Love the stamp you have used.
Regards Florence x

Victoria said...

Gorgeous inkiness! These colours are lovely and that stamp is a great one. Thanks for sharing with us at ATS :)

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous card and envelope Sam, that's a real beauty, superb colour and design, Gay xxx

Donna Arkle (DizzyDee) said...

Love you combination of elements and the colours are beautiful!

GinaA said...

This is such a beautiful card, just love it.

Di said...

Fabulous Sam - bet your MIL will adore it!

Did I say, NO chikkins?

Hugs, Di xx

lisa said...

I love this technique, Sam, it has to be my favourite and I tend to do it to death, but hey when you love something!!! I love the colours on your panel and that stamp looks great with it. Bet your MIL was thrilled with it.
Thanks for your lovely comments as always. Yes I did spray and stamp on bog standard masking tape, it works a treat and is much cheaper than buying all this posh washi tape, well I am from Yorkshire after all!!
Hope you have a great weekend.
Hugs Lisax

Kylie said...

Glad you made it, Sam, this card is so vibrant with the colours you've chosen. What a wonderful technique. Just lovely! Thanks so much for playing along at ATS xx

Beverley said...

Lovely card & FAB techniques.

Words and Pictures said...

Oh this is so lovely! The stamp itself is, of course, gorgeous, but I absolutely love your masked off background spritz and flick setting it off brilliantly... and the butterfly picking up the same colours is a delicious touch! Thanks so much for stopping by at Words and Pictures...
Alison x

Patrice said...

Just lovely Sam. Nice bright colour choices too.

Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps this week.

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for joining in this week at ATS with your lovely card - Jacqueline xx

Canonbury creations said...

A fabulous set and perfectly CAS! Thanks for playing along at ATS
Val x

Anonymous said...

Absolutley gorgeous, what beautiful; techniques and fabulous stamping and colours. thank you for joining us this week at ATS and good luck.

Marie

Sandy Ang said...

i love the stamping on your card

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love this technique and the bright bold colors you used!! It works so well with this detailed stamp.