Saturday 4 August 2012

Inspire - New stamp

Hello Peeps

Just a quickie post today to show you a lovely new stamp that my Buddy Kim bought at a recent show in USA and kindly sent to me.  Thanks Kim!  As you can see I LOVE it!  I sent the card to a special friend who is a great inspiration to me!  You know who you are!  She told me she is going to use the front as a bookmark which was a great compliment to me!

The card itself has been in my collection for absolutely years and years and years... you get my drift!

The bud image has been stamped with Archival ink and coloured with Copics on a little snippet of watercolour paper.  The other stamps used are Paperartsy, Tim Holtz and Making Memories using Distress Inks.  

I am going to sneak this into the Playground before the gates are closed!

I hope you have having a great weekend.  I am off out today to meet up with a Blogging Buddy, then to a crop for the afternoon, before hopping home to watch some more Olympics.  With all this standing up for the National Anthem, I am getting some exercise myself!!  I don't think I have heard it played so often as this year.  But I am watching it more as it is sooo addictive!  Way to go Team GB!!

Hettie

9 comments:

Sarn said...

Ooh that's GORGEOUS. So pretty and beautifully coloured.

Enjoy your meet up today . . . I know you'll have a lot of fun. Bet you don't stop talking and laughing all day.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Mrs A. said...

I like it, I like it . The card front is pretty too Shame it is An American stamp! Hugs Mrs A.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I honestly didn't realise that I wasn't a follower, I am now!
It was great meeting up earlier today, think I've just about dried out now..lol!!
Love, LLJan xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Hettie, the bird detail is fantastic.

Hope you enjoyed your meet-up. I too, am loving these Olympics, it's so inspiring to see the dedication the athletes have. I also think it is good for our country, we seem to have a common goal at the mo and it's uniting us all when we need it the most!

Happy Sunday xx

G Peplow said...

Beautiful card, love the bud stamp it's brilliant, great oval aperture too:0) It's been another golden day for us Brits, cheers me up no end, xxx

Victoria said...

I know, it's amazing how often our anthem is being played! Lovely stamp and beautiful colour.

MaryH said...

Beautiful card, and love your coloring. This stamp is just perfect the way that you used it. Little grass at the bottom sets it off just right. TFS. Hope you had a FUN day with your buddy.

Annie said...

Gorgeous card and how great to have received a stamp from a crafty friend. Crafters are such a kind sharing bunch.

TFS and for kind comments left on my blog, they are so appreciated. Love the piccies on the post above too. Crafty hugs Annie x

Di said...

This is lovely Sam - gorgeous colouring too.

Hope you've dried out without catching cold after meeting LLJ on Saturday?!

Di
xx