Wednesday 7 January 2015

WOYWW 292 - And there is a floor!!

Hello there!

A certain Ms Dunnit will wonder what is happening with me joining in on WOYWW twice in a row!! But I wanted to share with you the progress I have made so far of tidying my craft room!  It may not look much but shelves have been rearranged, things picked up off the floor and things generally cleared in order to Simplify my room.  My word of the year is Simplify so where better to start but in my craft room.

I am assuming you all know what WOYWW is yes?  What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday.

 Look!  I have more floor now!!  That table to the left is virtually clear other than my cutter and some pictures I am waiting for Mr Hettie to put up for me.  Most of the bits of card and fabric are gone.

 Here is my work desk...Oops!  I see Santa is still hanging on my lamp and Monkey has not changed his jumper!  I will be having words with him.  For the eagle eyed, there are some NBUS dies to the right of my glass mat which are waiting for their first outing.  The envelope is an envelope of loveliness which arrived just before Christmas from Alison and I am still at the stroking stage.  

 

Ahhhh. My new machine on a somewhat clearer desk.  The baskets that were on the left of the desk have been moved onto shelves so that I have lots of room to quilt and sew.  The white bag contains some fabric which I hope to make up into a dress.  The brown box with gold hearts to the right of the photo is a box of drawers which a friend bought for me and has some sewing bits in.

And finally...sorry Miss, I have a deck chair for my tablet/note pad just like Miss Dunnit has.  I found it quite by chance and will be great for those times when I am watching tutorial videos whilst sewing, such as the Craftsy one I recently enrolled on.  Unfortunately our internet is so pants the picture only changes every 30 seconds so it is not that helpful but one day...  I see I left my swiffer dusters on show too.  At least you know it has been cleaned.

Right then...off you go now you have had a nosey round my desk but please leave a comment first.  Then go to the Headmistress of the desks to have a nosey at other likeminded crafters who are sharing their desks.

Hettie

30 comments:

Kathyk said...

WOW! Deeply envious of your craft room ... I craft in a titchy little space behind the couch!!!

HAPPY WOYWW

Kathyk

Annie said...

Hi Sam. A sewing machine and the promise of some sewing....I'm beginning to feel at home n your space 😃😃😃😃
Big hugs,
Annie x #20

Belinda Basson said...

I am just back from a trip up the coast...My desk and room has not changed since before Christmas...Yours however is looking impressively clean and tidy!#63

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That's a fancy bit of kit you've got there! Hope you have lots of fun sewing with it :-)
I must say, your room is looking great - worth all the sorting out. That's a job I still have to do in the long room. It's not good at the moment!!
Hugs, LLJ 18 xx

Mrs A. said...

I can't see a Monkey anywhere!! . I need to have a good sort out and change around but keep putting off the evil moment cos the minute I start I just know I will run out of drawer space. Oh well there always the floor I suppose.
Eek that's no good already in copious usage.
Hugs Mrs A.

lisa said...

They say great minds....We have been doing the same thing, lol. I decided that as I only had a path about 4 inches wide to get to my desk it was time to clear out and sort out over xmas too. My room seems twice as big now and things have stopped falling on me when I get anything out, pure bliss. You are looking good too.
Hugs Lisax #26

My name is Cindy said...

Wow! huge room! So nice to have workspace, just wish I could remember that when I am dumping stuff all over every surface. Happy WOYWW, Cindy #44

ElizabethR said...

Oooooow wowzers what is this thing called "floor" I want some ;)Saturday is my day for sorting out, I've got a stack of work to do and no space to do it in, so needs must, Elizabeth xxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Floor! Houston, We HAVE FLOOR! Woo hoo! That's awesome. I totally support your use of the word simplify for the new year. It's a great goal and has personal meaning for everyone who chooses it. Things are looking really good in your room with all that clear space. You'll be able to find things easily and have lots of room to play. Judy #70

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Holy cow, Sam. I wish I had your craft room. The size alone makes me giddy. Very impressive, and a nice clean up, too. Of course, I scrolled down and saw the mess from last week (grin).

Happy belated New Year and happy WOYWW from # 2.

Christine said...

Big clean up time! love it!!! Well done.
Please share you finished quilt.
Have a good week
Bishopsmate #37

pearshapedcrafting said...

Yay! More floor! I'm working on mine(as I did last year too!!!) Happy New Year, Chris 43

Helen said...

I am loving having more floor too. more room to play! I am determined to keep going... and well done you for your tidy up/clear out too.. it must be catching, there are loads of us at it. Your space looks fabulous Helen 9

fairy thoughts said...

Hi again Sam ... I have just shown handyman your desk ..... quote; " Humph... it would have to be toughened glass ... it would cost a fortune ".... I'm thinking that's a no then LOL... oh well C'est la vie
janet

Karen Petitt said...

Good work! Looking forward to seeing what you create now you are tidier Karen xx

Kathleen said...

Well, what can I say, can't see much improvement, he he got you going there. Well done and looks great but I am not surprised that you have been on a non buying spree as I think you must have everything.

Kath x

Artatag said...

It seems to be the right time for clearing up. Your room looks very nice!
Cheers
Gabriele 29

Tertia said...

You are such a lucky girl to have such an amazing room to play in.
Happy WOYWW!
Tertia #22

Glenda said...

I am so in love with your space! It makes me smile! I would love to incorporate a space for my sewing machine but have yet to find a place for it here in my craft room. Wish me luck!
Glenda #36

Queenie Jeannie said...

Very busy and cheerful room! Happy New Year!

Happy Crafting!
Jeannie #33

Sunshine Girl said...

Oooh nice tidy desk there - am just popping by to say Happy New Year!

Kyla said...

I spy floor!!! I also spy your fabulous pin cushion on your machine (I intend to make myself one of those really soon!).

Happy WOYWW

Kyla #13

Diane said...

Wow what a fabulous creative craft room Hettie.

Best of the New Year.

Diane

Kelly said...

Too tidy :-) Time to get in there and mix things up a bit. Congrats on getting room to sew again. Creative Blessings! Kelly #53

scrappymo! said...

I think it looks great...well organized and tidy! Well done you!!!

CraftygasheadZo said...

Well now that is a super room and space! Love it! Hope you are ok, Happy New Year my friend. Take care Zo xx 45

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo there Sam,
A great neat and tidy space today, just loving a peep around here!

...mm nice machine there ... and the wee holder for iPad etc is ultra cute..
Thanks so much for sharing ~ happy belated WOYWW!
Shaz in Oz.x #24

{Shaz in Oz – my personal blog}

Lisca said...

Wow!we have a floor! And what a nice one too!
Doesn't a good clear up give you a satisfied feeling! You're now ready for the new year and begin to untidy it all again! lol
I know it's late in the week but have a good one,
Lisca#25

Twiglet said...

Sorry I am a bit late - been busy tidying and sorting cupboards ready for house viewing - argh!! AND I have yet to tackle my sewing room - do you think I can just not show folks in there - lol x Jo

Words and Pictures said...

How lovely to get a peek at the whole room, not just the desk... it's looking fairly orderly compared to mine at the moment!
Alison xx