Monday 5 January 2015

Hubby's Christmas Card - Funkie Junkie no 5

Hello there!

As I was packing the decs and cards away last night I realised that I had yet to share Mr Hettie's Christmas card with you, nor looking at my camera had I even photographed it, so I took some quick shots in the dim morning light and pronto before I came out to work.  So without further ado....


And this is the tag from the Funkie Junkie Challenge which gave me the inspiration...


I took the stars, silver and rays stencil as my inspiration.  I did not have the same die, but I borrowed the carolers die from my friend, cut the piece from a Snippet and then embossed with several layers of silver embossing powder.

The background was from a downloadable which I found on Pinterest (NBUS to me!).  I did not have the TH stencil so I turned to my trusty Silhouette and cut one using a piece of laminated plastic that I had left over from some laminating I did for my boss!  I know!  So I wondered if it would cut and it made a fine and dandy stencil.  I took my Versamark and inked through the stencil and added clear embossing powder into which I had sprinkled some Martha Stewart glitter, then I heat embossed it.  Once it was cool, I added some NBUS Scattered Straw DI to give a bit more of a yellow glow to the background.

Around the edge of the background I then stamped my Hampton Arts dotty stamp and embossed with some silver embossing powder.  


The lamp is TH which I again used Snippets to cut out before adding some stickles to the red berries.  I used my SSS stars die to cut the small stars out using Snippets of gold glitter card.  The sentiment was cut using the Penny Black with Festive Berries DI and clear embossing powder.

Hubby loved it and actually so do I.  I wonder if Lesley will let me borrow the die again?   Maybe if I offer her some eggies in exchange?

I am too late to join in the Funkie Junkie Challenge due to an array of reasons which I will not bore you with but I am going to finish the 12 so watch this space.   I can now join in with the Snippets Playground and Darnell's NBUS as there were both Snippets and newbies on this card.


Thanks for calling by.

Hettie


14 comments:

Sarn said...

This is absolutely FABULOUS Dahlink xxx

Desire Fourie said...

HettiecI am just loving your hubbys card. Its so fun and festive yet very masculine.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, look, there he is! Looking fabulous in shimmery silver, and I love the music page background. Fantastic card, and I hope it was properly appreciated!
Alison xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love the olde worlde feel to this layout Hettie, reminds me of the great classic Dickens films on at Christmas! Hazel x

Kyla said...

Lovely card and a great workaround using different products.
Kyla

tilly said...

no wonder he loved this vintage look card, so do I
Tilly

Diane said...

Very fun masculine designs Hettie.

Hugs Diane

LesleyG said...

Love all the detail and different techniques used, especially like those rays of light, shining bright, FAB! xxx

Kathleen said...

Stunning creation, love all the sparkle and the great dies.

Kath x

Karen Petitt said...

I'm not surprised you both like/love it - tis fabulous! Got to get some new goodies this year so I can try to make some of the beautiful things you do xx

Carol L said...

I love this old world style card with that great lamp post and proper gentleman! Great card!

Darnell said...

Sam, the United States government would like your address as they have a letter of commendation to send you in appreciation of the fact that a satellite which had been lost out in space for three years was able to find it's way back to course thanks to the light shining off Mr. Hettie's beautiful and brilliant Christmas card! You're a hero!!

Seriously, my girl, I'm sure my chin is broken from hitting the keyboard. What a masterpiece this is from every angle!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #3!! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

Abswolutely fabulous card Sam! I bet Simon was soooo pleased - it's just perfect for a fella :)

Hugs

Di xx

Greta said...

Oh what a wonderful card, Hettie! One of my favorites--Lucky hubby!