Sunday 18 January 2015

Multipurpose Design of Cards...

Hello there

Brrrrr!  Tis a cold one here right now and I am typing this whilst huddled under a quilt..a home made one of course!  Do wrap up well and keep well!

A good friend of mine over the seas asked me if I could make some cards for her to sell at a Craft Fair that is organised by her Mom so I sent a bundle of cards which I made using Snippets left over from the Album I made for my Mum a little while ago....

I cut the Snippets into strips and laid them on the card base at an angle.  Some strips were embossed, some were stamped and others had some faux stitches.  I added some MB butterflies and flourishes made using MB and Tonic dies.
I was asked to make some Sympathy cards...I really do not like making these, and I used the same format for making these too.
I used also added some Liquid Pearls to added spots and glimmer.  It is a beautiful pearlised effect.

This was a lovely strip die which I had in my stash for some time and had not used until now. Isn't it just beautiful? 

I am taking all these down to the Snippets Playground.  Bagsie a cwtch with Parsnip!

Thanks for calling by.

Hettie.

12 comments:

Di said...

These are lovely Sam and great use of snippets. Like you, I don't like making sympathy cards but yours is just right - nice balance.

Hugs

Di xx

The Caked Crusader said...

The butterflies are beautiful - I love how you've backed them, particularly the pink one

scrappymo! said...

What a great way to use your snippets. They look wonderful!

Love the strip embossing folder you used on that last one...think I have that too and never used it yet...my bad!

Your colours look wonderful and the butterflies are the perfect finishing touches!

Debs Willis said...

These are gorgeous! I have to try this technique- think I even have the same snippets :-))
Been having a wander thru old posts, cos I've been offline for a while, yes, really!
Loved your 5 Chrimbo cards u shared, & one u made for hubby.
And catching up on your Friday funnies really brightened my day.
Big hugs
Debs

Sarn said...

HOW did I miss this post? Just saw it in the Snippets Playground.

These cards are lovely and a brilliant way to use up your snippets.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Carol L said...

What a gorgeous set of cards! I love the soft colors and patterns, especially those little bumble bees embossed into the green dsp! Well done on all of them!

Greta said...

What a fabulous way to use the snippets! These are wonderful, Hettie!

Diane said...

Greetings Hettie, what a lovely group of card designs.

Hugs Diane

Elizabeth said...

Hi Hettie, gorgeous cards - a great use of snippets and a lovely colour combination. Elizabeth xx

Words and Pictures said...

These snippets cards are brilliant, Sam - I love the colours, and the diagonal design works so beautifully to give a sense of energy and movement. Love those dies too!
Alison xx

Karen Petitt said...

I really, really do love these beauties! Wonderful use of snippets, great texture, beautiful colours and such a stunning idea - brilliant! Karen x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

These cards are fabulous! So stunning! The colors, the textures, the designs.... it is all just wonderful and very inspiring!