Wednesday 14 January 2015

Happy Birthday Cherry...

Hello there

I do hope you are all keeping warm and cosy and not snowed in.  But then again....all that extra time to play in the craft room!  Not such a bad thought after all is it?

Towards the end of last year when I was in the C mode it was Cherry's birthday.  Now I usually try and make a card with a Cherry on there somewhere but this year I decided to open the Tin of Shame and make something from there.  I am determined to get that tin at least half empty during this year.  So here it is...

The first thing I decided upon was this stamped image which is Artistic Outpost and was sent to me by a dear friend.  I always think these look like two spinster sisters who run their family haberdashery.  So that was my theme.

The background piece was in an envelope with a WOYWW ATC.  The pink trellis was sent in another envelope of goodies from over the Pond.  The stamping is all Paperartsy.  There are a few MB flowers tucked in behind the image.  I used Snippets for the stampings and matting of image.

This tiny piece of lace has been in the bottom of my lace basket for years and years so it was time it was used up.  I just love all these little haberdashery pieces.  The button and thread labels.  A little glass flower button to finish it off.

All made using Snippets so I am off to the Snippets Playground to check everything is still in place after the winds we have had recently.

Hettie

10 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Love al those sewing bits and bobs. I know where to come now if I run out of any thing. Hugs Mrs A.

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Lots of lovely snippets on that beautiful card. My bits and pieces box is, sadly, way down in the order of tidying as I need to be able to move more freely in the room before I tackle that horror. Thank you for your visit and your lovely comment. The owl stamp is lovely to use, and this design by Maria works so well. Have a good week. xx Maggie

Sarn said...

Great use of your snippets - esp those from the tin of shame!

I'm sure Cherry loved the card.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Super card there Hettie! I do giggle when you write about your tin of shame :)

Those ladies remind me of my Mum's step-mother and her sister - they would have very much approved of this card. Wonderful how you incorporated all the needlecraft stuff!

Hugs

Di xx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

It is true about the vodka, I promise you. I do not drink that, Heather Cream and damson gin are more my style. The vodka is to put into mist sprays with Distress inks to prevent them going off, a hint I got from Gill Allardice. Worth a try, especially as it has not cost me anything being the dregs of a bottle from a friend who also does not like Vodka. xx Maggie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh wow. Snippets RULE. This card is beyond gorgeous. So feminine, yet no detail was spared, either. And to think it all came from the Tin of Shame. Pretty awesome, if you ask me.

Jean said...

A super feminine card, I love all the haberdashery elements and the lovely stamped image.
Jean x

Kathleen said...

Oh forgive me, I thought it was a man and a woman, fabulous layout and gorgeous embellishments.

Kath x

505whimsygirl said...

Hello Hettie,

I love the images of the two girls. At what age where girls considered spinsters?

Hugs,
Kay

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, perfect! I just love the use of the flower and frameworks dies, and the buttons too... the sisters look wonderful at the heart of it all.
Alison xx