Sunday 11 January 2015

Happy Birthday Rachel...

Hello there

What a windy weekend weather we have had!  We have still to find the Girls' poop bucket, though I have seen bits of straw around which were in there!!  Ho Hum!!  I hope everyone is ok and not lost anything worse than a poop bucket!

I was having a look at my draft posts and I came across this one which I have not shared with you. It was for my good buddy Rachel.  I renewed my membership of a certain Craft TV site and received the tartan papers so this was their first outing.  With my money back I bought the Tonic die set and this was their first outing also. 

The pink background is some star paper which I inked around the edges with some DI to make it deeper.  Some TH tissue tape, a sheet of my Czech book and some torn tartan paper.  I then cut the Tonic border die which I layered on some Vanilla SU card.  I used a frame which was in my Snippets tin as well as the centre piece which I stamped using SU stamps.
The flower is a SU stamp and punch which I embossed with clear embossing powder.  A Snippet of ribbon stamped with HB stamp and tied with gold thread.  .

The Penny Black Smile die was cut several times and layered up then smooshed with some DI., some SU flutterbies and hey presto Rachel's card was complete.

Off to take this over to the Snippets Playground and also Darnell's NBUS Challenge as there are both Snippets and NBUS involved in the making of this card.


Have a great week and wrap up warm with heavy shoes on..I hear we have cold wind coming our way!

Hugs
xx

11 comments:

Sarn said...

Wow - that looks FANTASTIC.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Kathleen said...

This is fabulous and love those tartan papers.
Not lost anything yet but it is our food bins tomorrow you expect them to have disappeared once they have been emptied.

Kath x

Sue said...

This is fab Sam!! love those papers. Haven't lost anything yet but Ollies ears do tend to flap more in the wind LOL huggles Sue xxx

Anonymous said...

A wonderful card. I like the way you combined everything and of course, that sweet, teeny tiny tag.
The wind is howling at the moment. It seems as though it is going to be another wild night (oops, that sounds a wee bit naughty LOL).
Wishes
Lynne

Carol L said...

What a beauty! I love those papers and especially all the distressing and curled edges! Tying on that cute sentiment tag was a great idea too :)

Di said...

Absolutely beautiful my little friend! Hope you find the poop bucket OK - gosh those girls must be well trained, do they have a little roll of toilet paper as well?

Hugs

Di xx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

So far, we have not lost anything although the wind tried to take the door out of my hand the other night. Great use of snippets, so effective. Thank you for your visit and lovely comments. xxx Maggie

LesleyG said...

so many fab layers textures and embellies, its gorgeous. Hope the poop bucket isn't damaged :)

Greta said...

Artistic & beautiful!

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful card Sam. Love all the NBUS items on your card. Especially love the way you diecut the SMILE!

Words and Pictures said...

You're clearly having a pink phase... and I'm loving it! Somehow you've managed to avoid "girly girly", and the colour on all the cards I've been catching up on is vivid and bold and so cheerfully uplifting. Love the shimmer on the green flower and the curl of the book page to add dimension.
Alison xx