Sunday 25 January 2015

First Rudolph Day of 2015 - And she is off....

Hello there

Welcome to my first Rudolph Day of 2015 and this year sees the challenge move over the pond to ScrappyMo's blog HERE while Stamping for Pleasure goes to the Elves Rest Home for a little while!

This month seems to have flown by and I had not had chance to sit down and make cards for Rudolph Day until yesterday.  So here they are...

I took a Snippet of cream card and stamped it with the Artistic Outpost Reindeer and my new favourite Archival ink - Wendy Vecchi's Potting Soil before cutting it with my NBUS Creative Expressions bauble die.  Once cut I inked around the edge with Brushed Cord DI and then decided to stamp some of the greenery from TH Christmas stamp set in Gathered Twigs DI.  I inked up a white, yes white, piece of card which was in my Snippets drawer with Brushed Cord, Frayed Burlap and GT DIs.  Once it was dry I stamped the TH stamp with PS and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  

I then set about inking the card itself with the same colours, though more GT I think.  I stamped the same greenery stamp too.  I wanted to cut the bauble top out and spotted a Dunkin Doughnuts coffee wrap sitting in my box and thought this the perfect medium to use.  I then strung it and needed a flash of colour and spotted a small Snippet of ribbon in the ribbon basket.  I then set to layer the card together and needed a little more colour along the bottom (they are closer IRL) so used some washi tape.
I decided to make a second, though I used different elements such as a buff colour Snippet for the Spellbinders bauble, adding a bauble top too, and different washi tape.

I hope you like my cards.  I am off now to link it to the RD challenge as well as take them down the Snippets Playground as they contain Snippets.  I did actually make a third card but I will share that another time as I could not photograph that one.

Have a great week everyone and thanks for calling by.

Hettie 

12 comments:

MaryH said...

Hi Hettie, I saw your name over at Rudy Day, and even though my responsibility is even nos, just had to pop in to see your card. What a wonderful idea to add the scene that you've done on this pretty ornament. It's very impressive against that word background. Love the combo of the bright washi with the sepia tones of your card. TFS & playing along in 2015 January Rudolph Day. Have a great week. Hugs.

Sarn said...

Two beautifully stamped and accented bauble cards here Sam.

Love 'em.

Belated Happy Rudolph Day to you!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Kath said...

Two fabulous cards with so much detail and I love the splash of colour with the ribbons.

Thank you for joining the fun at the Rudolph Day Challenge.

Kath x
Guest Designer

Di said...

Wow Sam, these are lovely. LOVE the image on the baubles idea too :)

Hugs

Di xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Sam,
what very super Rudolf creations.
I love your fab designs and really great stamping on the baubles.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

scrappymo! said...

Your lovely reindeer image on the bauble die is just lovely!
Your backgroundpapers look fab with this image.

Thanks for taking part in my first Rudolph Days challenge for 2015.

Crafty Hugs
Mo

Karen Petitt said...

I am drooling over your gorgeous cards huni! They are really stunning and I love that shade of brown ink - so rich and hot chocolate like.
We all have to start again as soon as possible so it doesn't end up being a nightmare and I have to say last Xmas was the cheapest post ever by getting them made early and flattish Karen xx

Darnell said...

Good job making two of these spectacular cards, Sam! I had a fun time playing a game scrolling down and up to spot the differences!! Great use of snippets, too. I'll have to see what the latest is on the Playground rodeo. No one commented on my offer of cowboys! Imagine that! Have a great day! Hugs, Darnell

Lynn said...

Beautiful card Hettie. I love the scene stamped around the bauble, and the stag stamp. I think it goes very well with the background. Lynn x

Words and Pictures said...

Good lord - get you with your Christmas cards in January! And it's a lovely one too... love that AO deer, and the wordy background is right up my street.
Alison xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a neat idea to stamp on an ornament cutout. I love the masculine feel to your cards. Love the browns with the pop of red.

Greta said...

Beautiful!