Friday 29 June 2012

When in Rome

Hello Peeps

I was going through some photos the other day and realised I had not shown you guys these two layouts!  Not sure why or how I missed them so here they are......

Two layouts for which I used photographs of Hubby and I when we were in Rome.  The one of Hubby is named "I Simon" as in "I Claudius"!!  You can see the Forum in the background, as that is where we were! 
The title was cut on my Silhouette cutter.

And a little close up of some of the details.  Those stars were actually on the paper strip that you get on the edge of the papers!  Waste not want not!

And here is yours truly at the Coliseum.  I could not get over how big that building was.  I know you see pictures of it (The Italian Job!) but you cannot get an idea of just how big it is. 

Another title cut on my Silhouette!  Vidi (I came), Veni (I saw), Visa (I spent)!! You can always find room for string on a layout!

Some of the details and more string!

These papers are not my usual type but pretty nonetheless.  Thanks to Penny and Ally for the layouts.  These were started on the Retreat in February but not quite finished until recently!  

Thanks for looking and please leave me a comment so I know you have been.  

Have a great (if wet) weekend!

TTFN

Hettie.

9 comments:

lisa said...

What a lovely pair of pages, Sam. I love the colours, very soft and pretty, they highlight the gorgeous blue sky of the photos perfectly. The title of your page is great, really clever. Rome looks and sounds really interesting. We've never been although we love Italy. It is on the wish list, along with Venice!!!
Hope you have a great weekend.
Hugs Lisax

Di said...

Great LOs Sam - love the colours you used and the 'Visa' is very clever!

Rome is one of my fave cities :)

Have a great weekend, hope Simon is recovering alright. My knees still go like jelly thinking about it :( Spoil him over the weekend girl.

Hugs, Di xx

Kate Yetter said...

I love all the layers on these layouts. And the patterns and colors you chose are gorgeous! Just beautiful! I am envious. If only my layouts turned out half as gorgeous as yours...
Kate

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

hi Sam gorgeous layouts indeed, so love the colours you have done them in - but you know you have the Latin wrong - sorry the school teacher is coming out of the woodwork. Vidi is I saw and Veni is I came.
Julius Caesar said this when described his campaign. (veni (I came), vidi (I saw), vici (I conquered) - think they conquered you with the spending but hey it is worth it huh??
Great work irrespective of how we write Latin. thanks for sharing Sam, Shaz in oz.x

Sunshine Girl said...

They are lovely Rome is a fabulous place to visit isnt it.

Victoria said...

Your titles are so ingenious! Beautiful feel to your pages and the soft blue is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic LO's, really love the colours, perfect compliments to those photos. Is Visa really "I spent" or are you having a larf!!? I'm thinking of the credit card type visa, if that truly means I spent then that's bloody brilliant!! Very confused re your comment on my blog about looking for the wok!! What have you been smoking!!!?? You need to come back and explain that one!!

Hugs
Brenda

Sarn said...

WOW Sam . . . awesome layouts and lots of pretty embellishments.

Totally fab.

Hope your Patient is behaving himself and making a good recovery.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

karen said...

Your layouts are both so pretty! Love the soft colours and all the layers and embellishments! The "visa" part is hilarious!
xoxo
Karen