Friday 15 June 2012

It is Friday - so why not have a joke?


This is for you Sandra!!  And of course, anyone else who finds themselves here!!

This was an e-mail that was sent to me the other day, and I thought I would share it with all my lovely followers and blogging friends!

Enjoy!!



Farmer John lived on a quiet rural highway.
But as time went by, the traffic slowly built up and became so heavy and so fast
that his chickens were being run over at a rate of three to six a day.

So one day Farmer John called the local police station and said,
"You've got to do something about all of these people driving so fast and killing my chickens."


"What do you want us to do?" asked the policeman.
"I don't care, just do something about those crazy drivers!"

So the next day the policeman had the Main Road ’s workers

go out to erect a sign that said:


SLOW: SCHOOL CROSSING



Three days later Farmer John called the policeman and said,
"You've got to do something about these drivers. The ‘school
crossing' sign seems to make them go even faster!"
So, again, the policeman sends out the Main Roads workers’
and they put up a new sign:
SLOW: CHILDREN AT PLAY



That really sped them up. So Farmer John called and
called and called every day for three weeks.
Finally, he asked the policeman, "Your signs are doing no
good at all ... can I put up my own sign?"
The policeman said, "Sure, go ahead."
He was willing to let Farmer John do just about anything
in order to get him to stop calling to complain.



The policeman got no more calls from Farmer John .
Three weeks later, curiosity got the best of the policeman
and he decided to give Farmer John a call. “ How’s the
problem with those drivers. Did you put up your sign?"
"Oh, I sure did,” replied Farmer John , ”and not one chicken
has been killed since then. I've got to go. I'm very busy."
He hung up the phone.
The policeman was really curious and he thought to himself,
"I'd better go out there and take a look at that sign … it might
be something that WE could use to slow down drivers."


So he drove out to Farmer John 's house, and his jaw dropped
the moment he saw the sign.
It was spray painted on a sheet of wood....
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
NUDIST COLONY
Go slow and watch out for chicks!



Keep Smiling .....

7 comments:

ElizabethR said...

Lol I like that one xxx

Annie said...

Hehehe that's brilliant. Thanks for the chuckle.
Hugs,
A x

Sarn said...

Hee hee . . . that's hilarious. TFS xxx

Bernie said...

Thanks for the chuckle.
Hugs

Di said...

Eggscellent yolk Sam! Have a lovely day! Di xx

Victoria said...

Just popped over to say thanks for visiting my blog :) and had a huge laugh at this!!!

lisa said...

Brilliant!!!
Hugs Lisax