Sunday 24 June 2012

CC2C - The Time of my Life!

Good Evening Peeps

How are you all on this lovely Sunday evening.  What a day we have had here in South Wales today.  

The Lovely Linda over at 3Ls has given us an extra week to complete the Compendium of Curiosities 2 Challenge No. 10 so I have now been given a chance to join in.  I had a rather hectic week starting with two wonderful days in London to celebrate my birthday.  We had Tea at The Ritz followed by an evening at the Theatre to see The Phantom of the Opera.  What a way to celebrate my birthday with my lovely cousin Tracey!  

So in honour of my birthday trip to London and in thanks to my wonderful friend Sandra who sent me a wonderful set of Stampin' Up stamps for my birthday present here is my tag for this Challenge.......

The lovely peeps over at The Funkie Junkie's Boutique are sponsoring the Challenge this week with a prize of $25 to the lucky winner so why not join in?
I still don't have the Tim Holtz tissue wrap so I used some more of the tissue pattern which I used for the Challenge a few weeks ago, but I have now got some on order as I know I will have some fun with it!  Thanks Linda for making me spend yet more money!!  (As if I need encouragement!)
The tag was first stamped with embossing ink and clear embossing powder, then inked with Adirondack Lettuce and a wetwipe along with Mustard seed, Dusty concord and spritzed with some water.  I stamped some smaller flowers with Archival ink (purple) and Peeled paint and embossing powder. I used some distress ink reinker/perfect pearls to spray some colour on the flower (one I had used in a previous Challenge). Some gold "pollen" in the centre of the flower and a small piece stamped with a Paperartsy sentiment and some leaves cut with Paperartsy leaf die.  

Some Snippets are in there there so I will enter it into the Playground!

Thanks for looking and hope you like and please do not forget to leave me a comment so I know you have been and so I can pop and visit your blog too!

Hugs

Hettie


7 comments:

Di said...

FABULOUS tag Sam. LOVE the flower. So glad you had a great birthday, someone else who keeps theirs quiet huh?!

PMs will be posted on Tuesday with luck - am out elsewhere tomorrow.

Hugs, Di xx

Mrs A. said...

That flower is to die for (no pun intended)!! Gorgeous colour and happy belated birthday to you. Hugs Mrs A.

Sarn said...

WOW - that is one BEAUTIFUL tag xxx

lisa said...

It's a stunning tag, Sam. I love the background and that tissue flower is stunning, what an amazing colour. Hope you are recovered from your trip now.
Hugs Lisax

Kate Yetter said...

Gorgeous tag, Sam! The embossing shows up beautifully with your chosen background color. The flower compliments it perfectly!

Kathleen said...

Wow what a super flower, great tag and love the colours.

Kath x

Annette Green said...

Beautiful tag and color selection. Your background is lovely. It all works so nicely together.