Wednesday 6 June 2012

Yikes - Wednesday! Really? That means WOYWW!

Hello Peeps

Well this sure has been a brilliant weekend with a fabulous spread of pomp and ceremony and good old Britishness!  However, whilst I was enjoying my little self yesterday I forgot that it was Wednesday today!  So Happy Wednesday, and Happy WOYWW (What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday as if you didn't know)!

I cannot show you my ATC which I made as I don't think the recipient has received  it yet and I don't want to spoil the surprise.  I can tell you I have received a few beauties today and I have a lickle project in mind for them!  We shall see what happens.

Well this week I decided it was high time I cleared my sewing machine of the blanket of dust and got stuck into the quilt I am supposed to be making for our quilting group's challenge (I have to have it finished by October - Oops!).  

No I am not making bunting!  That is Jan's job and I wouldn't like to upset her!  Hee Hee!  I am chain sewing though!

And look who has crept over from the other desk to be in the shot!  Well I wouldn't like to upset his fans now would I?


Well, regular visitors to my blog should know what to do now, take a picture of your desk and link up with the lovely Julia and join in the Wednesday madness.

I will try to get around to you in the next evening or so if I don't manage today (I am late after all). 

Hugs

Hettie

20 comments:

Annie said...

Better late than never Hettie :-) Good luck with the quilt.
Hugs,
A x #59

Twiglet said...

I love to see a desk with a sewing machine at the ready!!! x Jo

kay said...

dont worry you still made it in time,happy sewing
have a fab crafty week
kay #52

Sarn said...

Happy WOYWW hon.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Tammy said...

Good luck with the quilt! Happy WOYWW - Tammy #95

toni said...

Hi there hettie i'd love to get cracking on a quilt hope you have fun look forward to seeing the developments x toni 135

Glenda said...

Good luck with your quilt! I'm working on a quilt top and it will be totally pieced and quilted by hand! Whew, I'm thinking I bit off more than I can chew!
Glenda #85

Whimcees said...

Hello!

You have reminded me to get back to my sewing machine - too long away! My current unfinished doll has been sitting there for such a long time now! Good luck with your quilt! Wishing you a happy one!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Sarah said...

time to get quilting methinks....October will arrive with a crash I'm sure. I love sewing and should do it more often. Dresses or trousers....we will see! Still pottering around here - not a peep and finding plenty to do. Thanks so much for calling by - enjoy your week, Sarah.

fairy thoughts said...

I forgot too until early this morning (usually do it tues evening) doh. What is chain sewing, is it a group thing where lots of you make one thing?
janet #53

SophieNewton said...

Teehee, miss-read that and thought you were chain-SAWING!! Happy WOYWW!
Sophie
#81

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Loved your comment on my post today - didn't realise you could be so posh, lol!!! I have really enjoyed this week, both for the Jubilee and the warmth and friendship of WOYWW!! You're welcome to the bunting - I never want to see Union Jacks for a long time to come!!!
Hugs, LLJ #70 xx

Unknown said...

Love the black and white check fabric and I have spotted a red check too. I can't wait till October to see the end result so hurry up Hettie!! :-D Thanks for popping to see me. WOYWW Hugs from Helen 105

May said...

Good luck with the quilt... Love a desk with the sewing machine at the ready... Hugs May x x x#34

Helen said...

I am having to do a dip in here and there approach this week! Love your very tidy desk... Helen, 16

Di said...

Hi Sam - I'm on a hunt for the snippets thingy I missed from the roll call :) Not here though. Di xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Sam ah you have your machine out too but I am doing boring mending with mine, not making lovely quilting; looking forward to seeing it next week! :D Thanks so much for popping over and thanks for sharing ~ happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz. x #8

Princess Judy Palmer said...

How good to get that sewing machine out and dust it off. Good luck with the quilt. I'll bet you can knock it out by October.

CraftygasheadZo said...

Enjoy your sewing! Take care my WOYWW friend, am still snooping, all but a little late! Zo xx 65

Julia Dunnit said...

He he, chain sewing...not one of the most harmful chain habits!!! Any deadline is useful, but for me, october would be too far away to make me concentrate...so good on you gal!
Your ATC arrived yesterday, and the 'notions'...its gorgeous, and i love the mayhem idea..thanks thanks thanks. X