Tuesday 12 June 2012

Happy Birthday to my Big Brother!!

Hello Peeps

It has been three days since my last posting but I have been a bit of a busy bunny.  The only thing is I don't know quite what I have done.  Though I do know I last Saturday evening  Hubby and I were out celebrating a very Special birthday for my Big Brother.  It is actually his birthday today but you can't quite celebrate the same in the week.  Also, my niece told me that it is the Rules that if you have your birthday on a weekend then you have a "Birthday Weekend".  However, if your birthday falls in the week you get to have two "Birthday Weekends"!!  Woo Hoo!  Mine is on a Monday this year so I am hoping that counts as two then!

So here is my Brother's card........



Good old Penny Black!!  Every time I use this stamp I think of my brother as he was a Soldier once upon a time.  In fact, he was one of the line-up immediately outside a certain Cathedral at a certain wedding which took place in July 1981!!  He was in the Prince of Wales Regiment after all!  The paper behind the stamped image is of globes because my brother did get to travel all over the world whilst he was in the Army and stars because he is a Star to me!!  

Most of the papers were made from Snippets so I am joining this in to the Snippets Playground.  As the weather looks dry (at the moment anyway) I think I might  just go down the slide as long as someone has been down first with a towel to dry it off.  Why not join us?  Help reduce your Snippets mountain as we all have one!

Off to check on my chooks and then have a wander around some blogs as I didn't get chance last night.  Housework ey!

TTFN 

Hettie

6 comments:

Kate Yetter said...

I feel the same way. Not much to show for my busy day/life. Love this card! Fun and full of humor. I really like the image!

Bernie said...

Fabulous Card, Sam! I love personalized cards and I think you've check all the boxes for your brother with this one. I'm sure he loved it. Hey no one ever told me about 'Birthday Weekends'. Seems I've been missing out all these years.
Hugs

Mrs A. said...

I was out of the country on mine so does that mean I get two as well? Love the chickens standing on guard. Hugs Mrs A.

Mrs A. said...

I was out of the country on mine so does that mean I get two as well? Love the chickens standing on guard. Hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

Hi Sam. Brilliant card chook! Love the image and it's perfect for your brother! Sun shining here today - it would be after a few soakings this weekend whilst away. Murphy's Law strikes again :(

Di xx

Sarn said...

OOH this is a happy chicken card for your big bruv. Perfect image considering his previous occupation.

Bet he loves it.

Happy WOYWW my friend.

Hugs, Sarn xxx