Wednesday 27 June 2012

WOYWW 160 - Sorry I am Late Miss

Hello there Peeps

Today is Wednesday and I had every good intention of posting my desk up nice and early this morning for the weekly WOYWW blog hop, but I truly have extenu exenu errrr special circumstances.  Miss! I woke up early and for some reason I immediately looked at my phone and saw a text message which started sorta......."don't panic but....had a bit of a mishap...."!  My day got changed!  I drove down to Morriston Hospital, Swansea, where Hubby had been taken, to meet up with him and wait........

I will spare you the gorey details but his index finger is now 1/2" shorter than it was when he went to work yesterday evening!  

So now we are safely back at home I can now post my desk up for all to see....



Urm, my clock was correct (but then if it had stopped it would be correct twice a day!), those are holly leaves from the Tim Holtz lamppost die for my Chris Rudolph Day cards HERE (I still have the other six to do!), red Liquid Pearls from making the berries on the holly leaves, bits of red card left over and ready to make the next cards, the card on the right just above the die is from Karen in Canada, in which was my WOYWW ATC, the photo to the left of that is one of my Father-in-Law, which I got out to scrapbook, post it pad to mask off the sides of the cards I am making and some string next to my distress applicator spinner - always useful string!

So, there you have my desk today.  Not sure it will be changing much tonight as I just want to sit with a cup of tea in a real bone china mug and do some blog hopping via the lovely Julia!

Oh! and a special thanks to the guys and gals at Morriston Hospital.  They were rather great and looked after us well.

TTFN

Hettie


P.S.  If you are looking for Monkey, he is sat on my other desk waiting for me to start machine sewing again! He likes watching the sewn fabric coming through the machine!! Honest!

23 comments:

M said...

eeeeep, sounds a stressful day! Do hope your hubby is ok and you aren't too traumatised!!! M x

jill said...

my goodness what a day you had , hope your husband is ok now , happy crafting Jill #73

Annie said...

Ouch. Sounds nasty. hope the rest of his finger heals well.
Hugs,
A x #83

Ali H said...

Poor Hubby ! Hope the finger heals up well ! Must have got him out of the washing up for a while !! Your desk looks like it has lots of fun stuff going on ! Hope the rest of your week is less eventful ! Ali #66 (just up the road in Pen-Y-Groes !)

Unknown said...

Hi Hettie Poor Hubby hope the painkillers are working! ouch.

Thanks for popping in to see me. I actually wouldn't mind helping you tidy - get to nosy for real then - gotta be coffee and cake though. I followed the link to the cards you made for the challenge - they are lovely - great theme. WOYWW Hugs from Helen 89

Ali H said...

Whoops - that should have been Ali at #62 not 66 !

fairy thoughts said...

Opps your poor hubby, hope he soon feels better, at least he has you to look after him.
Why is everyone making Christmas stuff, please stop :) it's only june I want summer not Christmas.
janet #11

Darnell said...

Goodness, Hettie, I'd say you have a good excuse for being late today. So sorry about the mishap to DH's poor finger! I hope the recovery is a breeze! Have a great week! Darnell #55

mark gould said...

happy gory woyww, what a day huh?
hope tomorrow is better. mark

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh poor hubby - blimey, do you not have a hospital closer than Morriston?? Seems a long way away from where you live! BTW, love your new blog photo - it looks like Cefn Sidan at Pembrey country park to me.
Will def contact you tomoz regarding next Tuesday :)
Hugs, LLJ #3 xx

Sunshine Girl said...

Gosh it really was one of those days for you both wasnt it! Hope you are both ok.

Sarn said...

Aww . . . sending big hugs to you and your hubby. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Desk is pretty tidy today! xxx

Di said...

OMG Sam! Poor Simon, hope he's getting lots of TLC right now.

My knees went all funny and wobbly feading your post - need a lie down now!

Belated Happy WOYWW! Di xx

kay said...

your poor hubby,hope hes in not too much pain
happy blogging
kay #65

Katie said...

Ack! Wishing your husband a speedy recovery!

Katie (155)

Lisa said...

Ouch kinda sounds sore:( Your poor hubby, hope he is well soon. Your card on your desk is beautiful. Hope your week gets better.

Julie said...

Well Hettie a good reason for not crafting I think. Perhaps you should make hubby a card to record the day he lost a dearly loved part of himself!!!
Have a good week
Julie x #114

Anonymous said...

Yikes missus! Not a nice way to wake up! Hope hubby is ok. I tried very hard to cut the top of my finger off about 11 years ago, and you know what? If I catch it in an odd way it still hurts!! Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs
Brenda 5

lisa said...

Oh Sam, what a day you've had and poor Hubby, sounds painful. I hope you've given him a bit of extra special TLC and both had a cuppa in a nice cup or even something a bit stronger.
I had to blow your desk up, not literally of course, to have a closer look at that photo you're going to scrap. He looks a very elegant man, your FIL. I shall look forward to seeing the page.
Sorry to be so late getting round, I seem to do nothing but chase my tail lately.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #98

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness what a fright. Hope he is doing ok and that he is taking it easy. Sending hugs to you both. Hugs, Amanda x

Eliza said...

I do hope your hubby is feeling better soon, what a horrible experience. Love the desk in it's glory especially the craft spinner, I have just ordered one of them for myself.

I do hope your situation improves. I hope you get some crafting done this week.

Eliza

karen said...

I am sorry to hear of your hubby's accident. I hope he is doing okay now. I missed WOYWW or I would have sent well wishes sooner. At least he has a great nurse to help him :)
xoxo Karen

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Oh dear. I hope he's healing up well. That must hurt like ...
You know.

Smart thinking on the pearl drops for holly berries. I seem to recall I wasn't happy with whatever efforts I made last year so I'm going to try this, too. Thanks!

Your visit is much appreciated!

Cheers,
Susan #125