Tuesday 29 April 2014

Scrapbooking Tuesday - T on Tuesday - T stands for FirsT FlighT!

Hello there 

Do you know what?  I totally forgot last night that today was Tuesday!!  I know!  Just smile at me sweetly and walk away - I know!

So today is still Tuesday and a day when I share a scrapbooking project and also join in with my friends over at Elizabeth's blog for a cuppa and a look at some nice stuff on T on Tuesday!  

So without further ado, here is today's project and my cuppa....

Now I know I have shared some of this project before some time ago, but there is one distinct difference......it is FINISHED!!  Here is a little side on view with a better view of my cup and the layers on the album....

And here is my cup.  Another Sophie Allerton, not sure if you have seen this before?  Apologies if you have but these are my favourites!


I know Elizabeth will like to know a little of how this album came about and I do hope she approves.  The pages inside are actually made from recycled paper carrier bags in which the lunches for our partners used to arrive - six of them.  I asked the girls on our Reception at work to keep for me (the clean ones anyway) and I snipped off the handles, folded the ends over and fastened the bottoms of them using Laura Denison's "stack the deck" method of attachment.   The covers were rescued from a pile of books that were being thrown out as they were out of date.  The book they were on was very heavy so I saved four in all, one each for Lesley and I to make these books and the other two for weighing down card to which I had glued on covers so that they dry flat!


Rather than give you a blow by blow account of all the pictures and inserts, I have made a collagey thingemyjig for you to look at.  Just blow it up to get a closer look!  I would get the owner's consent before you try blowing up your puter though!

I am not going to bore you with all the details, only to tell you that there are die cuts galore, some which were sent to me, Tim Holtz, stampings, Sizzix, Cottage Crafts, Memory Box, lace, McGall, Stampin Up, Martha Stewart, Bazzill, Papermania, recycled chipboard for the birdcage, bits left over from other projects and Snippets galore.  Tee Hee!  I am skipping over to the Snippets Playground too!

I enjoyed making this book as it does hold some very happy memories of me and the Hubster in the early 90s, including my first ever flight.  

Thank you for calling by.

Hettie

20 comments:

Halle said...

What a beautiful book you created. Love the birdcage and flowers!

Sarn said...

What a wonderful album Sam. It's looks to be full of lovely memories and the cover is just BEAUTIFUL.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Kathleen said...

Stunning piece of work, love the cover and all the happy memory photos.

Kath x

Nancy said...

I'm a book lover and I think your book is Awesome!! Wonderful feeling getting it done, eh :) Laura Denison does amazing work!
Happy Tea Day to you :)

Rita said...

So pretty! I love the fact that it is recycled!! Awesome! Happy T-Day! :)

~*~Patty S said...

Your book is lovely and extra fun using recycled papers...
a friend made me a lovely piece using that birdcage...
you created a really beautiful cover using it too...
Cluck Cluck Cluck on your cuppa :)
Hope you had a Happy T Day
oxo

Denise Price said...

Your album looks great! Congratulations on finishing it. I love the fact that it's made of recycled materials, and I also love the intricate details (bird cage, flowers, etc.) on the cover.

Thanks for your comment today. This is the first time I've ever made a December mini, so it's really nice to hear your encouraging words.

Happy T Day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, Sam, recycling at its best. You make recycling a sport (grin). Loved the birdcage, and the detail you put into each page. Really enjoyed seeing each one, too. The lacy edges were great, and of course, the butterflies were beautiful.

Thanks for sharing your lovely recycled album AND your adorable chicken mug during T today. BTW, this was one I had not yet seen.

Divers and Sundry said...

i like your chick/chick/chick mug :)

it must feel so good to have such a lovely finished project that brings back such fond memories.

scrappymo! said...

Loved the birdcage and the rest of the cover. It is so gorgeous.
Each page is a treasure. Wish you lived nearby...I have a ton of chipboard albums going spare...would give them to you!
Why didn't I bring them to England!!!
I know you love purple and I am working on something special for you at the mo...and purple it will be (or is, I should say. Just have to get it assembled.

Linda Kunsman said...

what a gorgeous book and cover-wow!!! That is one special treasure for certain.
Fun mug too-happy T day a day late.

Bonnie said...

What an amazing album! Very special way to keep memories!

Dianne said...

oh wow. your scrapbook crafts are lovely! the bird cage piece is spectacular!

Di said...

Oh Sam, what a clever little sausage you are - absolutely fabulous work! It's already been said, I do so love the bird cage! In fact I love every teensy ickle bit :)

Hugs

Di
xxx

Cathy said...

Gorgeous project Sam, what a lot of work! I LOVE your chook cup too, Cathy x

Mrs A. said...

This is beautiful. Love the colours on the cover and all those luscious embelishments.
Clever you. hugs Mrs A.

MaryH said...

What a lovely way of preserving treasured memories. I certainly enjoyed the collage, and all the beautiful bits you've included here to make this album so very special and unique. I know I'll never do such a thing, but I do love looking at them (when someone else has done all the work!). This is just beautiful and I adore that gorgeous birdcage. TFS & Happy wkend! Hugs

Jean said...

What a fabulous project,a real work of art. I love the gorgeous dimensional cover.Well done for the recycling elements too.
Jean x

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely, lovely dimensional cover - so pretty - and how cool to see all the pages laid out together like that. Brilliant album, wow!
Alison xx

Kate Yetter said...

Oooh, such a lovely book! I love all your embellishments and layers on the cover.
Kate