Monday 14 April 2014

At it again...

Hello there

I do hope, wherever you are, you are enjoying this wonderful weather that we are having right now.  

Sorry I have not been around much but I was away in Portsmouth this weekend for the QGBI AGM (Quilters Guild of the British Isles) and saw lots of beautiful quilts, attended some lectures, bought some new fabrics as well as a book, ate lots of food and had a glass or two of vino!  

Whilst I was playing the other two I also made another card, which I could not share as it was for someone.  So here it is now.....

I used Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Broken China and Peacock Feathers DIs to make the strip.  An unnamed stamp for the sentiment and my TH stamp for the flourishes.  Some bling and chomp of the corners and another card was born.

I hear that our Platypus has been causing trouble - something with needing constant feeding.  I can take over again now as I am back!

Thanks for calling by. I am off over to the Playground now to share this.  I did wonder if Miss actually heard me when I passed by her stomping ground to and from the weekend?

Hettie 

13 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

Beautiful! Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. Yep that Puggle has been causing havoc with Miss and Parsnip is not happy to have another cute critter in the den Karen xx

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous colours and love the border.

Kath x

Sue said...

Fab card and gorgeous colours Sam hope you can sort the platypus out LOL huggles Sue xx

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful colours here. Love that gorgeous stamp on this inky strip of goodness.

I have been playing with some ink myself...boy, oh boy, it is so hard to get results like you have. I need more practise!

The outing to Portsmouth sounds like fun. All the special treats you describd sound perfect. And the glass or two of vino sounds like a fitting close to a couple of great days!

Hip and back are feeling quite a bit better...lots of alternating ice and heat seemd to do the trick. Not about to do any more raking of lifting but certainly game for sitting on a stool and pruning in the garden. Bring on the sun!!!

Sarn said...

This is simply beautiful. I LOVE your pretty and wonderfully inked card.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Gorgeous Sam! I do love the side strip perfectly offset with the butterfly!

Hope you're taking care of Puggle now - I'm not listening for him tapping on the back door!

Hugs

Di xx

Kate Yetter said...

I am loving those flourishes! Fabulous colors!

Dragon said...

What a classy card, love the colours.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Gorgeous card! I just love that butterfly with his matching colors and flourishes.

Karen Dunbrook said...

very pretty...

KandA said...

Gorgous card, lovely colours and so elegant xx

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely gorgeous card - fantastic design and wonderful, vividly glowing colours.
Alison xx

Kim said...

Glad i didn't miss this!! (I've been so bad at visiting!!) Stunning card!! Definitely my colors and style!
TTYS!