Wednesday 2 April 2014

Rudolph Day - I am Late, I'm Late, For a Very Important Date!

Hello there

I am trying to sneak this post in very quietly without anyone really noticing.  You see I should have put this up on Monday.  The cards were all ready on Sunday.  However, I had to go to Cardiff on Monday for a work seminar and when I got there I was so close to Ikea it seemed rude not to pop in.  Well I didn't buy very much at all, but I did stop and have tea to save me cooking when I got home.  Only to realise once I did get home that I was too late for Rudolph Day.  I am sooooooo sorry Buddy!

These started as I had these two pieces of Bo Bunny paper left over from a layout I did some time ago and I thought if I cut them very carefully I could squeeze three C cards out of it.  Only thing is the pinkiness of them cried out for pink card rather than the bluey and the pink won!

I used my lovely MB Tree Die with another two pieces of Snippets card and managed to squeeze three trees out, stamped with versamark and embossed with sparkly embossing powder.  I picked out the remnants of a card of sparklies and tried to use them all up.

A peice of ribbon, some tags, which I cut out of pieces of white cardstock when it gets too small to do much else with, rather than put them in the box.  

That is three more to the C Box!  And as they are full of Snippets I am taking this down the Snippets Playground, where I know a certain Miss will be happy as they are pink!

Thanks for calling by.

Hettie

Psst.  I am also sharing this with Mrs Hazelnut!!  

11 comments:

scrappymo! said...

I forgive you as I am sure the other Miss would!

I think your trio are lovely...and yes, they did cry out for pink! Lovely!

I had to smile when I read you punch tags from the small snippets. I do the same thing with dies or punches. In fact, when my hands are not sore, I run a few passes of diecuts through my big shot, using my platform sized snippets....load it up with the magnetic platform on and I can run several dies through at once.
I save mine in dollar store photo albums to protect them.

Your post has inspired me to rum off a bunch of fishtale flags and tags and use my teensy stamp wet to stamp words like Hi or Hello etc. Would be nice to have some on hand!

Amanda said...

Fab cards, love the pink too. I think I should start on the dreaded c cards to as didn't have enough last year. Hugs, Amanda x

Di said...

Two super cards there Sam! Of course I adore the pink :)

Hugs

Di
xx

Borqna said...

You are GEM!
Don't worry - here waiting for your card!
CHNC challenge extra for April 2014

http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/chnc-challenge-extra-for-april-2014.html

Good luck!

Sarn said...

Hi Sam . . . I love your trio of Festive Cards. You coulda saved them for this months Rudolph Day!

They really are lovely - the tree die cuts and the ribbon and little tags are divine.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Kathleen said...

Just read Sarn's comment above and have to say that I totally agree with everything she has said.

Kath x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Hee hee! I'm glad I'm not the only one late with my Rudolph cards. I got sick so I didn't finish them but finish them I will.

Great cards! I just adore that ornate fancy tree. They really make these cards pop. And it works well with the pinkyness! Lots of happiness and bling!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous christmas cards Hettie, isn't the MB tree great fun to use! Cathy x

Kate Yetter said...

Oooh, I love Christmas! Lovely card. Better late than never.

Deanne Saunders said...

Adorable card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CRAFTYHAZELNUT'S CHRISTMAS challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

Words and Pictures said...

See... I would never have thought I'd like a pink Christmas card - and here I am loving three of them!!
Alison xx