Wednesday 23 April 2014

Happy 50th Birthday Darling..


Hello there!

Have I mentioned that it was Mr Hettie's 50th Birthday recently?  No? I am sure I have.

Anyways, he wanted a quiet affair, no fuss, just him and me and definitely no party (we are both agreed on that for ANY big birthdays - including mine!)

So here is his card...

See.  No big 50 on there.  Just an Artistic Outpost moose, a sentiment with no name on the stamp, some Kaisercraft pearls and some string.  No fuss!  I think it hit the instruction don't you?

Can you believe the cream cardstock on the front and on the inside is all the same colour?  It is I assure you.

The embossing folder is gorgeous isn't it?  No idea which one as it is one I borrowed from my Buddy.  After I had photographed the inside I decided it looked too plain so added a small 50 in gold, then promptly wrote in it before I took another photo so I am not sharing that now!

Thanks for popping over. 

Hettie

12 comments:

ElizabethR said...

That's a gorgeous card, and a fab Moose! Hope Mr Hettie enjoyed his Birthday, when Mr R hit his (many moons ago lol) his second childhood began, and he started collecting things in his garage, can't complain about that though ;)Elizabeth xxx

Sarn said...

And I just bet he loved it too. It's FAB xxx

Irene said...

Gorgeous Sam, a perfect no fuss card.
luv
irene
xxxx

Karen Petitt said...

Happy Birthday Wishes to Mr H!
Love the card, it's a real classy and classic look, bet he loves it Karen x

Kathleen said...

Thought it was a Stag myself, and that you were trying to tell us something??!!
Great card, fab image.

Kath x

Sue said...

Perfect 'non-fussy' card really elegant huggles Sue xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a nice no fuss card! I think when you get older you realize there is no need to a big to-do for your birthday. That said, we had a lady at work have a fit and go home because no one decorated her office for her birthday. She's older than your hubby btw.

Bonnie said...

A perfect no frills card for a special guy in your life! I think you hit his wishes on the mark!

Mary said...

Your card is really nice. I always have trouble making men's cards...I hope you don't mind if one day you see one similar on my blog. Happy Birthday to your husband. "50" you are a baby!

scrappymo! said...

Happy Bday Mr Hettie...you are a spring chicken still! Lol

You made him a great masculine card and I bet the added 50 looked fabulous.

Kate Yetter said...

This is a fabulous masculine cardI. I Love mooses . It looks really nice against that embossed background.

Words and Pictures said...

Very restrained, and very classy - belated birthday wishes to Mr H!
Alison xx