Sunday 6 April 2014

I been playing again...

Hello There

You recall I made a pink card HERE a short while ago?  Well I could not help thinking a green one would look kinda good.  Well, here it is........

 
I used DIs in Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed and Forest moss, spritz and flick technique (my favourite with DIs) and TH stamp Papillon with Memento ink. I then cut a Butterfly using MB die and stamped it with TH crackle stamp.  Some pearls, and HB stamped with Penny Black stamp, before chomping the corners.  As usual I cut the strips from Snippets and yes, I ironed the strip to flatten it before stamping it!!!! And tonight I earned my halo by carrying out all my ironing! 

Thank you Jenny for becoming my newest follower.  

I am taking this card to the Snippets Playground.  My white and card Snippets drawer is reducing nicely now.  Woohoo!  I just found out my number came up in the draw!!  I will at last get my hand on some stickeroos from Penny Black.  Not seen them before and Miss is sooooo good at usin them.  Thank you Miss.

As I used Mustard Seed DI in there I am going to try and sneak it into Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge - use Yellow! 

Thanks for popping over.  Have a great week.

Hettie

16 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh dear, I am having a nightmare on blogger at the moment, all these Butterflies and fairies, all totally out of my comfort zone, as I a certain some of my cards are to others.
But that does not mean I cannot appreciate a great creation when I see one, and this is a great creation, love the colours and the layout of the card.

Kath x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Sam I'm sure you can sneak it by Mrs A! lol huggles Sue xxx

Bonnie said...

I thought your pink card was wonderful but I've got to say, it's even better in green! Congratulations on your win! Thanks for the push....

scrappymo! said...

This is just as lovely in Green! Love the pretty inkyness of it and that you ironed it...teehee I can see the yellow...so think it is safe for the butterfly challenge.

PS At least you got your ironing caught up!!!

scrappymo! said...

This is just as lovely in Green! Love the pretty inkyness of it and that you ironed it...teehee I can see the yellow...so think it is safe for the butterfly challenge.

PS At least you got your ironing caught up!!!

Kate Yetter said...

These butterflies are some of my favorite stamps. Beautiful!

Irene said...

Hello Sam, loved your pink card, but this card is wonderful. The different butterflies are brilliant, and the addition of pearls is the perfect finish.
Well done catching up with your ironing.
luv
irene
xxxx

Mrs A. said...

I have blown your picky up and checked the catalogue and the jury has been out and reached a decision. Yes you do pass mustard!! Love all those butterflies. They look really stiking in the black against the vibrant background.
Thank you for fluttering into #4. hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

Di said...

Aha, a twist on the pink card! I do love this butterfly card but am biased as the pink one is proudly pegged on my new little notice board in the craft room here!

Well done on the win - will post ASAP!

Hugs

Di xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Love this Sam, I love green! I will definitely be CASE'ing this layout, its gorgeously simple and stunning.
Hugs, Shaz xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I remember the pretty pink card. I absolutely love it in green. Maybe even more so than in pink.

Anonymous said...

This is pretty but it is also so fresh - really lovely.
Wishes
Lynne

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Sam is is superb.. funny had saved link to that pink card cos I liked it as an idea.. and as soon as saw this thought of it before even reading post.. Shaz in Oz.x

Sarn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! Not sure how I missed this post before now - but I did!

Erm . . . a certain date is not far away you know! (To quote you earlier this week!)

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous inky panel, love the stamps, in fact love this just as much as the pink one! I still don't like ironing though lol! A truly beautiful card. Have fun with them stickers - such very cute images Karen x

lisa said...

Love this, Sam, that stamp is one of my favourites and I don't ink it enough!!
It looks great in the green.
Hugs Lisax