Sunday 13 January 2013

Twinchies - Anything Goes...

Hello Friends

The Peeps over at Twinchie Twinchie have started on the first challenge of the year with "Anything Goes".  I have not joined in on the Twinchie challenge for some time but hope to get back to them now that Christmas is over.  As soon as my Craft Stamper arrived I knew I wanted to use the stamp so here it is....

I inked the stamp with Ranger Archival black ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  Using my Victoria Velvet Distress Pen I first coloured the larger wings directly with the pen and then scribbling the pen on a block, I used a watercolour pen to colour the smaller wings.  I just love how you can get different effects with the Distress pens.  I cut the paper to size and then inked the edges with some Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and hey presto Twinchie complete.  

Thanks for calling by and hope you like my Twinchie.

Hugs

Hettie

11 comments:

Di said...

Like it? I LOVE it Sam - totally brilliant!! Hugs, Di xx

Sarn said...

I'm totally with Di on this. It's BRILLIANT. xxx

Words and Pictures said...

It's just perfect, Samantha - I love how you've coloured the butterfly, and it's so beautifully positioned on the twinchie. Never done twinchies... another thing to try!!
Alison x

Zoe said...

Fabulous Twinchie, I must admit as soon as I got my mag I thought "twinchie" love yours, thanks for joining us this month, good luck Hun Zoe DT Show us your Twinchies

Elizabeth said...

Hi Samantha, I've just had a great time reading going back through your posts to WOYWW. The funny story had me chuckling, I must say :) And delighted to read of your meeting with those cousins. I have discovered a couple of long lost cousins through researching the family history but haven't met up with them yet ... it doesn't help when they live in Australia though. Love your twinchie - you've done marvels with that stamp. Elizabeth xx (WOYWW #69)

Anonymous said...

OMG Sam, that is absolutely gorgeous, l adore it. Royal Mail could use your design for a perfectly beautiful stamp.

Well done, big hugs xx

Sylvia said...

This is a super stamp for a twinchie, as are a lot of the free Craft Stamper stamps. Love your colouring, looking forward to seeing you again on the challenge. Thanks for joining us this month.

Sylv x

Barbara said...

Fabulous, just love butterflies on twinchies, and they make great toppers too for a plain white card. Have to agree with Slyv, CS free stamps and Twinchies are a match made in Heaven! Good luck with our January challenge.
Barbara xx

Julia said...

That is a great stamp isn't it. I think the colours you have chosen are perfect for it. Nice work.
Julia x

scrappymo! said...

Love this...I have written down the ink you used from this post and many others and have been building a small stockpile to give these ideas a go...

Linda said...

Fab little twinchie, this stamp is perfect for the job (as are so many others that come with CS)
Love your colour combo too. xx