Saturday 12 January 2013

Girls in Town....

Hello Friends

Some of you may know that I am interested in trying to trace my family tree.  Well I am part of Ancestry.co.uk (there are other similar organisations available) and some time ago I was contacted by my second Cousin Karen (we share the same Great Grandfather), who put me in touch with another second Cousin Tracey, and before we knew it we were arranging to meet in London with two other cousins (who are about my fourth cousins).  

Before we met up Tracey and I met in Bath for a coffee, natter and a wander around the Radley shop!  We hit it off instantly.  It was Tracey who arranged our meeting in London and last November, a year after the meeting I made Tracey a little album to commemorate the meeting in London for her birthday.  So here it is...


The papers are a mixture of Cosmo Cricket, MME and Snippets...

Lisa and Leyla...
Karen and her partner Carlos and Karen and myself.....
Tracey and Lisa and Leyla, Karen and Lisa....
and the reverse!  There are a few other pages but I didn't take photos of those for some reason!  
I never got my photo taken with Tracey but nay worry.  I am sure we will at some time.  We are great buddies and so I am eternally grateful to Ancestry.co.uk!  Tracey loved the album too so all in all a great occasion.  We are thinking about another meeting later this year!  

I shall be putting this into the Playground as there are quite a few Snippets in there. 

Thanks for calling in.  Please leave a comment so I know you have been!

Have a great weekend and as it is supposed to be snowing in some areas of the UK keep warm and this is perfect weather for crafting!

Hugs

Hettie 

12 comments:

Amanda said...

That is amazing, I am from a large family but only see a few of them regularly, woud be great to meet up more. Congrats on making such a wonderful album. Hugs, Amanda x

Sarn said...

You make wonderful memory albums honey. xxx

Suzilou said...

What a lovely album and great photos and story.

Had a little bit of snow here in the Midlands but nothing much :)

Have a good weekend xx

Di said...

Fabulous Sam! The Playground is closed and rather than me add this now, feel free to add it after midnight as the girlies should see it. Plus there's another prize to win next week - not done this week's draw yet though! Hugs, Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Fabulous keepsake of you all meeting up. My family is a bit wide spread but those that I have managed to trace all keep in touch via email. Have you joined Lost Cousins? Got as far back as 1541 on one side of the family tree. Hugs Mrs A.

Kate Yetter said...

Lovely album! i love your vintage color scheme. The papers are lovely! Albums are so fun too enjoy throughout the years and so worth all the effort!

Words and Pictures said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate the cousins all coming together - lovely little album!
Alison x

lisa said...

How brilliant to find all these new family members. It's fascinating doing your family tree isn't it?
I hope you all get to meet up again soon and then you will be able to add to your beautiful book. I love those flowers on the front.
Hope you are having a good weekend, it's a bit chilly isn't it?
Hugs Lisax

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a fantastic bit of family tracing Sam, it's so nice you all got on so well. Your album is lovely and a great reminder of your special meeting.

Only had small amount of snow so may pop round to see you for some fun ;)

Big hugs xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Hettie.. ah lovely idea and great book.. one day may do I keep saying it but you never know.. great to catch up with folk you really click with isn't it?? love Shaz in oz.x

Victoria said...

Great snippety make and a lovely story behind it too!

scrappymo! said...

What a nice story...I love that you found them!
The book is fabulous.
What a lovely gift. Loved the flowers on the cover and the colours you chose.