Wednesday 25 July 2012

Happy Rudolph Day

Hello Peeps

Sorry I am late tonight but it was the last episode of the current NCIS series!  Oooo!  Want to see the next series now but am going to have to wait!  

Anyhoos!  Happy Rudolph Day to you all!  Only four more RDs left before the Big One!  Scarey!!

Here is card number one for you.....


I actually made two of these, similar but with different papers.  The other one was not very photogenic I am afraid.  The background paper I have had for soooo long and what was left was in the bottom of my Christmas paper box so I cut it up and now have none left.  All the other papers used were snippets too so I will be joining in at the Playground with these.

And here is card number 2 for you to see.....

This card is a little different in making it up.  The Silver Christmas Tree was actually cut out of one of last year's Christmas cards which was sent to us.  I stamped my lovely new Darkroom Door Christmas trees directly on the card with Black Soot DI and sprinkled some schparkly embossing powder, added the silver tree with foam pads and tied a little ribbon around to add a little texture to the card.  The Peace on Earth was also in my Darkroom Door set, stamped with Black Soot and schparkly embossing powder and mounted on a little piece of black card.

So some recycling and use of snippets and I have three more cards ready for Christmas. 

Fancy joining us with the Rudolph Day?  Just make a Christmas card and link it HERE in the next week and your name will be put into the draw for a set of stamps.

Thanks for looking and please leave a comment so I know you have been.  Love comments.

Hugs

Hettie

9 comments:

Kate Yetter said...

Oh, these Christmas cards as are perfect! I especially love your colors on the second one.
Kate

Sunshine Girl said...

Love the cards - also love NCIS too - we have started watching that with the children ever since they did the cross over with Hawaii 50 (mind you we missed the second part - organised as ever!). I have posted the schedule for the Great British Blog Hop here http://www.sunshinegirlnicola.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/great-british-blog-hop-schedule.html if you have any questions get in touch - thanks for joining in!

Sarn said...

Oooh . . . two gorgeous Rudolph Day cards here Sam. I PARTICULARLY like the second one . . . it just seems to stand out to me.

Thanks for joinining in. Good luck in the draw.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Victoria said...

The pine trees are rather lovely stamps, but I have a soft spot for gingerbread... make that a soft crumbly spot for gingerbread...

Di said...

Two fantastic cards Sam - love them both. Are the gingerbread folk done using a die? Sooo cute!

Hugs, Di xx

Terry said...

I actually should start making Christmas cards in July! What is not to love about the two of these, love the gingerbread family and the pine trees! Wonderful cards! Have a great day!

Mrs A. said...

I love a bit of recycling! These are great especially the fir tree card. Hugs Mrs a.

Laura said...

Nice cards. The top one is my fave, love the gingerbread family.
Laura
x

Sarah said...

Two lovely cards...so different too...but I do love that little gingerbread family - so cute!