Monday 16 March 2015

Happy Anniversary...

Hello there

I am just about up and able now after the last 2 weeks or so of feeling quite feeble and poorly.  I finally went in my craft room on the weekend and just gasped at the mess in there!!  I have quite literally in the last month been going in, doing what I have to and then leaving all the mess and debris there!  Tonight I will don apron and duster to give it a bit of a spruce up!

So today I thought I would share an Anniversary card I made for a very loving couple that I know.  The anniversary was last month but I am only just sharing.  


I made the tent style card to fit some envelopes I was given.  Then I took a Snippet of card, stamped it with clear versamark and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I then took Peacock Feathers, Broken China and Stormy Sea DIs and smooshed over the top until I liked the colour.  

I then took the iron out and ironed off the embossing powder.  This is one of the only times I actually like ironing!!  I trimmed the card to fit and adhered to the background.  I stamped a NBUS Hero Arts HA sentiment (I should have stamped it with Archival first on a scrap piece to prime the stamp!) The M&B sentiment is part of a SU set I acquired recently.

Then it was a case of attaching some ribbon, which is much more silvery IRL and was attached to a Christmas present that the recipient of this card gave me!!  A little bit of silver twine and some hearts, chomp the corners and hey presto the card was done.

The couple loved it.  

Off to share this with the Snippets Playground (card and ribbon).  I am hoping the fire is lit as I could do with a warm up!

Thank you Sue for becoming my latest Follower.  

Thanks for calling by.   Hopefully now that I am feeling a bit better I will feel up to a little more blogging now.  Oh, and if BT gives us our internet back!  Grrr!

Hugs


14 comments:

Di said...

Wow Sam, what a lovely card - gorgeous colours and design too!

Now don't you be overdoing things with the craft room tidying, a little bit at a time only!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

FANTASTIC anniversary card with lots of attention to detail. Love it. Nice colour too!

Ironing! Eeek!

Feel better soon chick.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Kathleen said...

What the heck is an iron???
Just love the colours of this card and the gorgeous flowers.
Is Merry & Bright their names!? how lucky finding a stamp with their names on!!??
Glad you are feeling better, you really should pay your phone bill.

Kath xxxx

Karen Petitt said...

Like, like, likey lots! Gorgeous stamp, lurve the colour you cread with the DIPs, at the moment peacock feathers is my fave colour. Gorgeous work hun xx

Greta said...

So sorry you've been under the weather & hope you get a warm up soon! Beautiful anniversary card & so special to use the ribbon from them!

Carol L said...

What a gorgeous creation, complete with 2 entwined hearts! TC of yourself and feel better soon!

MaryH said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend & able to get in to create this gorgeous blue card. I love this iron off the ep technique, but have never tried it. Such a lovely look against those gorgeous blues. Love those bold flowers and the silvery ribbon. Well done, and your friends will love it! Continue to feel better...clean up can wait! TFS & Hugs

scrappymo! said...

So pretty! Love the idea of the silver ribbon from the gift they gave to you...Brilliant idea!

Those duo hearts are so pretty and perfect on this card.

Jenny L said...

Hi Sam,
oh what a very beautiful card.
Love the fab design, and the wonderful colours.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Gorgeous colors and fabulous card-like that snippet of ribbon. It is nice to hear that you are doing better. How rude of the messy elves to sneak in your craftroom and make a mess!

Bonnie said...

You ironed off the embossing. I've never heard of doing that but I like the sounds of it and this card is awesome! I have that stamp. I think I need to CASE this! Thanks for the inspiration and I'm glad you're feeling better.

Darnell said...

I'm glad to hear you are finally feeling better and even up to tackling a spruce up! I'll even sit next to you by the fire! Your snippets anniversary card is so lovely, Sam! The turkoise and white just sing and I love the sweet ribbon and charm treatment!! Keep on feeling better!! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda said...

Such a beautiful card Sam! I love the color of it and those pretty flowers. I've never ironed off embossing before, but it sounds like a fun technique. I hope you didn't over to it while cleaning up your room and I hope you are feeling better and better. Hugs, Brenda

Words and Pictures said...

So glad that you're up and about again, and from a gentle catch up it seems your internet is also around and about.

Another really pretty card - those hearts look adorable dangling from the bow.
Alison xx