Blinkin' 'eck Peeps! When I went to write yesterday's post up I realised that my next post (i.e. today's) was going to be my 500th post on this here Blog! Wow! I cannot believe that so many of you have tuned in to my Blog (that is an old saying isn't it!) and read my waffles. So Thank You to everyone who visits me. Also, a huge Thank You to my Followers, including my very newest one, Karen. If you didn't follow me, then I would not post here! Hmmn! Not sure that quite sounds right!
Well, it is Tuesday today and as most of you know, I usually do a scrapbooking post today. However, I thought I would kinda twist this slightly and show you how I am have now turned an old safety deposit box into a storage box for my thin dies.
I don't know how you store all your thin dies, but mine were growing quite rapidly and because of the different boxes they all come in, I had them dotted around my room in various boxes, drawers and baskets, which was not good. If I wanted to take them anywhere I had to remember where they all were and then try and pack them carefully. I needed a good solution.
So I emptied this tin of the lace it was holding, bought some magnetic sheets (A4) and cut them in half and popped them into the said tin. Eureka I thought!! However, when trying to lift the sheets they would bend and then some dies would come loose. I needed them to be stiffened! (Don't be rude now! No viagra involved here!)
So then my album making skills came into use. I cut some chipboard to the required size (taking into account the lock at the front of the tin!!
Covered them with scrapbooking papers that have lain in drawers for a loooooong time and/or were in my Snippets box. Then rounded the corners off with my corner rounderer.
I made some tags with my Memory Keepers tag punch, scoring and folding the card and cutting them out with the punch just below the top blade so they would be folded.
This way they would fold over the top of the "page" instead of having to adhere two separate tags together. Then using the clear stickers that came with the punch I adhered the tags to the top of the "pages". Red is Sizzix, Black if Paperartsy, Purple is Spellbinders, Turquoise is Memory Box and Blue is Quickutz. Other dies also available!
I rounded off the magnetic sheets, again using the corner rounderer.
Then using hi tac redline adhesive I adhered the magnetic sheet to the "page.SHINY SIDE UP!
Tee Hee. This sheet is so shiny I can see my reflection!
Then the task of placing my dies to the pages.
And here are the pages in the box. The tape you can see in the top is also magnetic and came out of the DVD type boxes I bought as a potential solution. By adhering these to the top of the tin, I can just place the dies on there as I am using them ready to be put back once I have finished which means I don't play that "where did that die go" game in amongst the papers as you are using them!
You will notice that I have placed tags on the top left with the die numbers on for easy reference (and avoiding duplicate buying). Next time I get my dies out and use them, I will cut extras and place on the pages for easy reference too.
I do hope this has given you an idea for your die storage. I will share with you the fact that before I went to the trouble of covering the pages, I did cut the chipboard and place between the sheets a few weeks ago to check I was going to be happy with this idea first! Having bought DVD cases and magnetic tape which did not work for me (they kept coming unstuck and flipping to the opposite page) I wanted to make sure I was happy with my idea first!
Thank you for calling by. I shall pop this over to the Playground as there are lots of Snippets used here (and I am desperate for the SD stamps on offer this week in the draw), as well as recycling the tin which was destined for the bin in work, so is a kinda Snippet! I keep hoping I can find more of these tins, but a load were binned not long before I started! Typical!