Monday 27 June 2011

Scrapbooking my Favourite Place

Good evening Crafters

I don't know about you, but today we are encountering some crazy weather from hot and humid to monsoon and now a terrific thunderstorm which is a cracker!!  In case you don't know I love a good thunderstorm and it might just clear this fuzziness I have had in my head for a while now - or is that the fairies that my Hubby thinks live in there?

I was sorting out some of my pictures tonight and came across some of a layout that I completed a little while ago and had not yet shown you on my bloggie so I thought I wouls share it with you. 

For those of you who have not been here before or who have not known me for long, Hubby and I absolutely love Prague or Praha.  We love the beauty of the architecture,  the quaint little streets with beautiful fresco painting and of course, the food.  So much so that we have booked a little break in the New Year but more of that later!!

The photographs were taken on our first visit to Praha at Christmas in 2000 which was wonderful as it gave us a chance to see more of the city which we had been to twice before but only for a few hours on each visit.  Little did we realise then that we would be visiting again many many times in the future.  We are really quite smitten with the City.  Long may it be before it gets to look like any other European city!!
The photograph was taken by a lovely local man who had seen us taking individual pictures of each other and beckoned to let him have my camera.  After hearing horror stories of people having their cameras taken off them in other cities I will tell you I was a little apprehensive about seeing it again, and he took one of my favourite photographs of us that has been taken.  Thank you whoever you were!

Seriously though, if you have ever fancied popping over to Praha please contact me and I can give you some hints as to good places to stay and things to see and do while you are there., as well as some good eateries.  In my opinion, Paris has nothing on the beauty and romanticism of Praha, and I have been to Paris now too!!!

Well, off to watch the rest of the thunderstorm in the comfort of my bed with the curtains open.  I am just relieved that the electricity hasn't gone off whilst I am typing this posting.

Thanks for reading and a huge thank you and welcome to my new followers!  I love both new followers as well as comments so please leave me a comment!!

Night Night

Hettie

Ingredients:  Stamps - Dark Room Door and Tim Holtz; Papers My Minds Eye and K&Co; Silhouette die cutter; Embellishments - assorted. 

  


No comments: