Sunday 19 June 2011

Grungy Monday 11 - Busy Busy!!

Hello there Crafters! 

Firstly I would just like to say Happy Father's Day to all those lovely Dads out there and especially mine!!

I have nearly missed putting this on this week!  I have had a bit of a manic week this week what with making a mini book for my Dad, three tags - yes three tags, being a little bit under the weather with headaches and nosebleeds and being a Birthday Girl yesterday too.  I must say I was terribly spoilt yesterday and had lovely gifts from my family as well as fab gifts from my friends including a Birthday Cake handmade by my buddy Mandy's hubby Andy and an Album made by Mandy.  I will try and photograph that to show you in the coming week!!

Well, this week we were sent HERE to have a look at Tim Holtz's blog and to make a tag inspired by his technique.  I slightly changed the way I did mine by inking through some sequin waste with Wild Honey and then using clear embossing powder.  I then inked the background using the Wrinkle Free distress inking technique with Mustard Seed, Barn Door and Faded Jeans DIs and then going over some of the tag with some Vintage Photo.


I then removed the embossing powder and stamped some small bees over the tag before adding some sequin waste up the side of the tag and some corrugated card from a recent delivery of crafting supplies!!!

I used one of my new TH Ring reinforcers and attached a larger bee which I had stamped onto watercolour paper with Stayzon and painted the body with Mustard Seed and Wild Honey and a waterpen.  I then washed the wings using Perfect Pearls and then added a little onto the body of the bee. 

Some fibres and the sentiment stamped on a little Kraft cardstock and attached using a Memory pin. 

 I made three of them because I had the idea for my Grungy Monday challenge and decided to make an extra two to put onto cards for Father's Day.  One for my Hubby and one for my Dad as they were both having Honey for their presents!


I hope you like what you have seen today and if so, please leave me a note so that I know you have been here.  Also, please pop over to the Lovely Linda's blog HERE so that you can see some of the other wonderful pieces that have been made for this Challenge.  And don't forget you can always visit Tim Holtz's blog HERE to see other wonderful creative ideas.

TTFN

Hettie

3 comments:

Terry said...

Oh this is just a little amazing here! Loving all the textures! Wonderful piece! Your blog header is so cool!

Jan said...

Hi from a new follower, I'm over here from Polly Polkerdots blog. I love your bees... Oh and happy belated wishes for your birthday.

Jan x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, great texture on this tag.