Tuesday 7 June 2011

Hello Jack! Scrapbook layout

Hello there.

Last night I actually went through some photographs with the aim of scrapbooking a few.  It took me a while to decide what to do as I have soooo many photographs but wasn't quite sure what I was in the mood for.  You know what it is like, lots of things you NEED to make for various reasons (birthday cards mainly in my family as June is a pretty hectic time - including the most important one - mine!), lots of projects lined up to do, but you really want to do something you haven't thought of yet but you will know it when it comes!  (Or is it just me?)

Well, as soon as I saw this photo I knew it was time it was scrapbooked!!

This is my nephew Jack, only son of my brother (that is his arm you can see!).  I knew that I had some papers left over from my Paris album (I will put that on here some time soon!) and had been keeping them for something special, and here was the ideal opportunity. 

You may recognise the papers as Basic Grey.  If ever I see a pack of these designs again I know I will snap them up poste haste as they really are super.  They are not specifically gender orientated and are lovely to work with. 

I hope you like my layout.  It was really nice getting back to scrapbooking 12 x 12 layouts again, which I have not done for an age at home (well, other than Bank Holiday weekend!) as I always seem to be finishing something off in the making pieces for challenges, which I love! That reminds me......

I felt very relaxed making this layout and it seemed to flow nicely once I had made the decision. (Maybe that was the glass of wine - on a school night too!)  I even managed a little doodling and Stickles.  I cannot remember the last time I used Stickles and yet at one time everything had stickles on it. 

BTW, Jack is now a 14 year old!!  Yikes!!!

Thanks for looking and please leave me a comment so that I know you passed by!

Hettie

2 comments:

Suzilou said...

This is gorgeous Hettie, love the colours in your papers and what a beautiful photo, I have so many bits and pieces and photos to make scrapbook pages but never seem to get round to it. Might have to dig some of the bits out and have a go after seeing yours :) xx

lisa said...

Hi Sam
I'm so glad it's not just me, you've summed up exactly how I feel about things that have to be and should be done and not getting time to do what you actually just want to do. My first love is scrapbooking but I do too little of it nowadays. I need to take a leaf out of your book. Your LO of Jack is beautiful. I love the colour of the papers and that punching down the side is just perfect.
Thanks for sharing it with us.
Hugs Lisax