Sunday 12 June 2011

Grungy Monday 10 - Distress Inks

Hi there Fellow Crafters

Well I don't know about you folks out there, but here inSouth Wales it has been a pretty wet and miserable weekend.  It does not even feel like it is June let alone approaching mid-Summer!  And we are approaching a very important birthday too!  I doo hope the weather cheers up for my birthday. 

Well, tonight i am going to show you my latest tag which I made for the Lovely Linda's Grungy Monday Challenge no. 10 (can't believe we are on no. 10 already - yikes!), for which we were just told "Distress Inks".  Now this left the field wide open, but I opted for simplicity.  Less is often more!


I haven't actually tried DIs on plain white watercolour paper so have not seen just how vibrant these guys can really be and yet pretty and delicate too.

I made two tags very similar, by making bands of colour using Mustard Seed and Broken China.  I then splashed water over the tags and left them until I was happy with the effect before drying them with the heat gun.  After I had made sure they were bone dry I then chose which stamp I wanted to use which was a task in itself and using Walnut Stain DI I stamped the stamp on one of the tags.  I then placed the microscope glass over the area which I wanted to show through and adhered with glossy accents, cut the excess paper, before placing it in the metal frame. 

I then stamped the bottom of the main tag and from the excess pieces of the previous tag I die cut and stamped three flowers.  Distress Stickled with rock candy dried and then adhered.  I then inked around the tag with Walnut Stain before adding a little chain to hold the frame and a little ribbon and hey presto project completed. 

Don't forget to pop over to Linda's blog to see the wonderful projects carried out by other participants and also why not go to Tim Holtz's blog where you will see many wonderful inspiring ideas from the Duke of Distress himself.

Thanks for looking.  I am off to look at the other participants now!

Please don't forget to leave me a comment so that I know you have been here!

Happy Crafting!!

Hettie

Ingredients:
DIs Broken China, Walnut Stain, Mustard Seed; Glossy Accents; Memory Glass, Frame; Ribbon and threads; Stamps Crafty Individual, Paperartsy.

3 comments:

StampDancer said...

This is beautfil! I like the idea of using water color paper also.

Belinda Basson said...

I really love the colours you have used here and I have not tried a microscope glass before, it looks interesting.

Linda Ledbetter said...

Hettie, it's been wet and miserable here in the "desert" (although I'm beginning to question whether I still live in a desert after this endlessly wet and grey spring). Fortunately, your vibrant, beautiful tag would life anyone's spirits, not matter how lousy the weather. Your Distress Ink colors are fabulous, and the little Memory Frame charm is delightful.

I hope you're enjoying some sunshine by now!