Friday 18 February 2011

Recycled Tag

Evening Peeps.

It is nice to see Friday this week, though it has only been a short "working week" but nice to get the wine opened!  It is banned during the week along with chocolate, crisps etc so Friday nights mark the start of the weekend for more reasons than you may realise.

I made a tag last weekend, but due to travels I did not get chance to put it on my bloggie so here it is for you to see. 
This tag came about as I was ironing last Friday evening.  The red fabric is a table cloth I made for a table that no longer exists and after having a bit of a clear out of my airing cupboard this and another table cloth were put on the side until I could think what to do with the fabric as I hate waste and knew these cloths could be reused. Also, on my craft room chair was a pair of black jeans that Hubby was throwing out and I just knew they would come in handy at some point. So an idea was born - make a "Recycled" tag. 

The tag was made from the back of an art pad as I needed a firm tag to be able to adhere the fabric and not sag.  The fabric was then adhered to the tag.  I adhered a piece of black jeans to a piece of scrap chipboard (from the back of the notepads in work!) and then run through the Big Shot with a "Vine" die, which was then adhered to the tag.

Then I cut out both fabrics with the Tattered Florals die and pinned them together with a TH brad.  However, this needed a little more "oomph" so I interspersed the layers with gold sheer ribbon.
The mini tag was originally on a reel of red paper string by East of India which I stamped with one of my fabourite Penny Black stamps, adhered a fabric flower which I had cut and also a glass heart bead.  I attached black lace at the bottom of the tag which was bought from Crafts U Love when they had an offer of buy two get one free on the lace, and the black was the freebie!

The fibres at the top were from Craft Obsessions which they put in their parcels when you place an order with them. The word "recycled" was stamped on a piece of scrap cardstock rescued from the waste bin!

The last step was to spray Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in gold over the whole tag!

So other than the gold sheer ribbon, the brad and the glass hearts it is a recycled tag.    

Thanks for looking and please do leave me a comment - I do so enjoy reading them!

Happy Crafting Weekend (if this rain keeps up then my plans for being outside tomorrow will be scuppered so it might just be a "crafting weekend")!!

Sam aka Hettie




6 comments:

Bernice Hopper said...

What a fabulous tag. I love the flower and the whole story behind it.

Suzilou said...

Wow this is amazing! Am impresed with your re-cycling. Stunning tag going to have to have a go at this my self :) xx

karen said...

This is so awesome! A recycled tag! And it is so lovely!! Fantastic!

Sunshine Girl said...

Love the tag - I recycle my all my bits of material too and tend to make those flowers with the bits they are so useful arent they.

Chrysalis said...

What a lovely tag, Hettie. You're a woman after my own heart, where recycling's concerned. x

Fiona said...

Hi there - love your tag - found you through the WOYWW and notice you live near Brecon - that's where my husband is from and my m-i-l still lives there - lovely part of the world x