Friday 11 February 2011

Love Birds - A Tag

Hello Peeps!

Thank Crunchie it is Friday!!  Off to a crop tomorrow with my sister and friends.  Looking forward to it no end.

I have had a few comments from people about my little tag that was on my desk on Wednesday so I decided I ought to show it to you properly.
Some of us on the Paperartsy Forum are making tags between now and the day when the Duke of Distress, Mr Timothy Holtz, comes over to teach us lucky people.  So as it is Valentine's Day on Monday I thought I would make a little "Love" themed one.
A close up so you can see a little of the detail.  I wanted the birdies to look like Blue Tits as we have alot of them who come and feed on our bird table and from the various hanging things that are outside of our bay window.  I spend many a happy hour watching them perform their aerobatics.  There are two in particular who actually come and peck at the window if their feeders are empty!!  Very cheeky but makes me smile!

You may  notice the Cupid at the top right hand side.  Done with a little double masking using the waste mask as Tim did showed on one of his Christmas tags with Santa and his sleigh!
I can't do a close up on one and not the other!! 

Alot of fiddling but I like it and hopefully you do to! 

I love to receive messages from you so please let me know what you think.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

Happy Crafting in whatever form makes you smile.

Sam aka Hettie

Ingredients: Tim Holtz seasonal masks, swirl mask, grungepaper, philosophy tag, foliage, pin, adage ticket, Alterations dies - Bird, Tattered floral: DI - Barn door, Fired brick, Broken china, Black soot, Walnut stain, Mustard Seed, Rusty hinge; Crackle paint, Glimmer mist - Gold; Gold wax gilt; Stamps - Creative Images, Tim Holtz; lace; ribbon.

3 comments:

okienurse said...

Very nice colors on this tag. Love it.
Glad you put a bigger pic up for us to see.
Vickie

Suzilou said...

Very pretty, I love Blue Tits and we get a few in our garden on the feeders. xx

Sunshine Girl said...

Oooh this is a great tag Sam - I have used a double masking technique for todays tag too.