Monday 26 May 2014

What? Rudolph Day again? So soon?

Hello there Peeps

After having a very busy and sociable weekend I have had to knuckle down this morning and make some Rudolph Day cards to join in with my Mate's Challenge.  So without further delay...

 This card has been made entirely from recycled cards.  The purple background is a card that was sent to me some time ago, so I cut it down to make the background for this card.  The silver card is from a Christmas card I received last year and kept it as I knew it would come in for a background this year.
The same image but this time mounted on a VOS card base and I added a Memory Box wreath cut from some glitter card and using a Snippet of white I cut out the sentiment.  I must check this as it looks slightly wonky but I am sure it didn't when I made it.  Looking closer the card itself has not exactly been photographed straight!  Oops!

And for a bonus here is Mr Wise Owl.  I just love this image.  All of today's images are Penny Black and were all very kindly stamped for me on Saturday.  Thank you.  These are now featuring on my Wish List.  Is it just me or does the Wish List get longer and not shorter?

I am liking this Owl a lot.  

Now these cards feature some Snippets too, so as well as entering them into this month's Rudolph Day challenge I am also taking them along to the Snippets Playground.  

Some of you may know that Miss and I went on a jolly on Saturday.  I can report that we were both good girls and played nicely, no tugging of pigtails of any sort.  Miss even got a photo of me...

I cannot believe how tidy I am for a change!  Can you see my camera there?  I only took one photo of the day!  I am kicking myself now!

Anyhoo, see ya over the Playground!

Hettie

16 comments:

Sarn said...

Hi Sam . . . well done for making so many lovely Rudolph Day cards with snippets and stamped images from Sat. LOVE that pic of you. Thanks for playing along with my challenge. Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappymo! said...

Wow! You got so many lovely cards made. While I think they are all wonderful (and extramarks for Upcycling too( my personal fave is the last one). Cuz I love that image and the sweet ribbon to go with!

I have the owl ribbon in an everyday pattern...the Xmas version is delightful!

Jean said...

I love the cute images on your cards and the great way you used recycled cards to make backgrounds. Lovely use of die cuts and ribbons as well.
Jean x

Belinda Basson said...

I keep meaning to do this and every month it gets past me...

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous cards, the first one I have to say that I didn't know you knew Janet and Penny as I have saved this card to up-cycle which was from them, last year lol.
Love the Owl stamp, well I would 'cos I have it too.
Four brilliant cards.
Nice to see you, look to be having fun.
Kath x

Karen Petitt said...

I saw your photo on FB and I love it - you always smile and smile beautifully too! Gorgeous cards hun, love that owl and the goose very much - add them to the never ending list Karen x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Huh so very very true Hettie... we take those cameras then forget to take the pickies :D
ah wonderful lot of makes there well done .. great cards to share, trying not be green you were on a crop day :D what fun!
..... and yes have done the crooked pickie too..
I just noticed on card put up two or three posts ago and thought why did I not fix that up?.. funny how the eye does not see it till on screen! in this case some time later! Shaz in Oz.x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

A gal after my heart. Any time I can recycle, I'm happy. Your cards are fantastic.

I enjoyed seeing you at the crop, too. It was fun, even though you got so caught up in the day that you forgot to take photos. I've done that before, too.

Darnell said...

You look so adorable, Sam! And neat! Your Christmas cards are fantastic with those precious critters and well done with the upcycling!! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

Wow Sam - you didn't stand still did you!! LOVE your Christmas cards, great use of upcycled backgrounds and those images are gorgeous. Grin :) And fancy you having such perfect owl ribbon - why am I nor really surprised though.

I do so love that photo of you - why not use it as your blog profile piccie (although I do love your current one) - it's just so perfect for a crafter's blog!

Have recovered from the Collall fumes now - cough, cough!

Hugs

Di xx

Sue said...

Oh wow love these cards they are soooooooooooo cute..and you look like you had a fab time too :) huggles Sue xx

Bonnie said...

I love your festive Christmas critters, Sam! And how delightful to see your smiling face! Looks like you had a fun day!

mamapez5 said...

I love both the images. Penny Black do this style so well. and you've made good use of the recycled backgrounds too. I often recycle the images but I'm not so good at using the rest of them.Blog-hopping does tend to add the wish list doesn't it. Well done for making not two, but four cards, for Rudolph Day. Kate x

Words and Pictures said...

Hmmm... someone needs to advise that goose that Christmas won't necessarily be that much fun for him! Or as the poultry expert, maybe you'll tell me that's a duck?!

The owl's is a cutie - and I love those snowflakes against the green. Very clever up/recycling all round!
Alison xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh my gosh! Blog hopping and playing with others is definitely bad for the wish lists... it makes them longer and longer. I love your Penny Black cards and now I think I need to add that owl to my list...

Kate Yetter said...

Love how you are always on top of the Christmas holiday. Lovely cards.