Sunday 9 February 2014

Mandy's Album


Hello There Peeps

Whilst I was rootling around my photos, and backing them up on the external drive, I realised that I have not shared these photos with you.  They are the album I made for my Buddy Mandy for Christmas.  I could not share them before as I know Mandy occasionally visits my Blog.

Front Cover.....


Spine....
Closure.....
Now you may want to put your sunglasses on!.....

Mandy is very much a pink and bright colours kinda gal.  When I made this I was thinking of a particular photo she has of herself and some childhood friends as well as some others.  

I used a mixture of Sizzix dies, Memory Box dies, TH stamps, Martha Stewart punches as well as lots of Snippets.
The paper pack I won at a retreat some time ago and was made by Dovecraft.  Not my usual colour pallet but it was rather fun to make this album again. You may remember I used it HERE.  It is amazing how different it looks by using different papers.

I really did have fun playing with the papers and ribbons, pulling out my bright and colourful ribbons.  I love these paper clips that I used throughout.....Ikea!
I can also tell you that Mandy loved it.   Phew!!

I shall be taking this over to the Snippets Playground as it contains plentiful Snippets.  I am also going to join in Simon Says Stamp as there is a heart on the front cover as well as Love on the inside.

I hope to be able to get around more of you this week, but Mr Chestin Fection is taking his time to go!  

Hettie

18 comments:

Kathleen said...

Wow, what a fabulous creation and it is really nice to see bright and bold colours.
I also like this for the large flowers, I thought I was the only one who had any of this size flowers left from years ago.

Kath x

Words and Pictures said...

What a riot of colour - love the bold contrasts, and the dramatic black - it all works so well with the large bold floral images. Wow!

Do hope you'll send Mr Chestin Fection packing soon!
Alison xx

Bonnie said...

What bright, happy colors! I'm sure she was thrilled to receive this!

scrappymo! said...

This is so bright and bold and cheery. i can see how tese colours would suit your description of her.

I also thisk bold colours like this are perfect for certain photos. I have played with bolds and I quite like it too.

Your mini is fabulous. I love the MS punched corners and the fabulous tags with the line doodles on them. The large flowers are perfect and ...

This is one gorgeous book!!!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Bright and beautiful....love it!!
Xxxx

Sarn said...

WOW! This is so bold and zingy . . . I love it. Nice to see a splash of colour in the fab project on such a grey day.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

WOW Sam - that woke me up here! What a stunner, gorgeous work as always and I adore the psycho colours :) Never could spell the big word! No wonder Mandy loved it.

I read somewhere in the last few days that BIG flowers are going to be very 'in' for card making and scrapbboking - you got ahead of the game :))

Hugs, Di xx

Karen Petitt said...

Yep that is bold, but such a lovely thing for you to make, love those butterflies and I bet your friend loved it too. Have a good week xx

Irene said...

What a fabulous creation Sam, with gorgeous bright colours. I love your attention to detail and big bright flower.
luv
irene
xxxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Hettie,
what a superb creation. I bet she was soooooooo! pleased with this gem of a creation. Love all the bright colours used in this.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sue - said...

Wow!! Fabulous album.

Terry said...

What a wonderful album and gift for Mandy! So many lovely pages and areas to add treasured memories! Love this!

MaryH said...

Hi Hettie, thanks for the visit this afternoon. We're fine, aside from DH having a cold, and bracing for whatever nature may throw at our area the next couple of days. Wow, this really was bright & fun. Loved all the hot colors and the decorations you used for embellishments. I can tell your friend is a very fun loving person, and I can indeed, imagine how thrilled she was to have this handmade especially just for her, and to her tastes. Well done! TFS & Hugs

Princess Judy Palmer said...

So bright and pretty! I love all the detail with the tags, butterfly, flowers, bling, & ribbon.

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous album!! Love all of the pretty colors!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Mrs A. said...

Hey dude. Flower power to you. Love this. Takes me back to the 1980's. Hugs Mrs A.

Elizabeth said...

Fabulous album - how could you forget to share it with us :) Elizabeth xx

Kate Yetter said...

Wowzer! So bright and full of cheer. I bet your friend loved it!