Wednesday 12 September 2012

WOYWW 171 - New Desk Friends

Hello Friends

It is Wednesday so therefore time for a trip around the world via crafting desks, otherwise known as WOYWW, with the wonderful Julia. I know I am not a particularly regular WOYWWer but I do try to ensure a visit once in a while.  I was going to join last week but unfortunately I had a prior engagement at a certain large house in London whose family have been featuring a lot this year!  Wink Wink, say no more!!  Unfortunately, the family were visiting Scotland, but they didn't mind my popping by for a nosey around whilst they were out!  

Right, I digress.  Here is my desk.  Photo taken about 9pm last night as I left it.  Yep!  It is tidy.  The Tidy Fairies have paid a visit.  Well it was that or ironing!!  I am sure we can manage the morning rummage for pants for a day or so longer for the sake of my Craft Room!!  TMI??
And look at that!  Monkey has a new friend courtesy of Doone!  Looks like she has settled in already.  Haven't got a name for her yet so suggestions would be grateful!  Kitty has a twinnie and you can see her in the last picture below.
I thought I would update you on my quilt too.  I spent a very late Friday/early Saturday putting all the blocks together and the border.  Needless to say I was a little weary eyed when I called into bed on Saturday morning and not an alcoholic beverage passed my lips either!  Just a final cream border, backing, quilting and edging border and hey presto it will be finished!  I have actually ready drawn the quilting pattern on the cream panels but not sure if you can pick the design up.  A little larger than 12" wouldn't you say?!!
And here you can see my twinnie kitties with the loot which I recently received from Doone.  I won the handbag charm (still in the lovely packaging here next to pink twinnie) as part of the Blog Hop on 1 August, and I was to choose any item off Doone's desk.  However, I asked Doone to choose something for me so it would be a surprise, which it was.  Delighted I am too! Fankoo! After having had some disappointing news in the post that day this really cheered me up!! Fankoo so much Donna.  I cannot wait to use the stamp!

Right!  That is enough from me today.  Click HERE to be transported around the world in 180 or so desks!  Please sign into the Guest Book so I know you have been.

TTFN


Hettie

P.S.   I just want to say "Happy Birthday" to a good friend of mine, who is currently away on the other side of the planet, but hopefully she may see this message at some point.  I would show you her card but she may see it.  Don't drink too many of those fancy cocktails Honey! xx

25 comments:

Sarn said...

Happy WOYWW Sam.

Look at all your lovely goodies. AND a tidy desk to boot . . . TOP MARKS.

WOW - that's one TOTALLY GORGEOUS quilt Oh Talented One.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Sarah said...

Please could you send the tidy fairies to my house!!! Happy WOYWW

Zue said...

That quilt is just to die for...fabulous:)
xx Sue 87

Kim said...

Anything but ironing!!! (I'm still not even sure about the embossed resist batik dealy....irons are evil!) And I love your quilt! Have a great rest of the week!

MiniOwner said...

Oh my I am in total awe of that beautiful quilt. You're not suggesting we iron pants are you? LOL
Sue (MiniOwner #120)

donnalouiserodgers said...

i thought they might give monkey a run for his money...just wathc them - they are siamese twin cats and can be mischeivious,

glad they brought you happiness,

they can sit by a door and rock when the door knocks into them, ringing thier bells and bringing you good luck

dxxx

Eliza said...

I am sooooo happy for monkey having a friend to hang with LOL it can get lonely on that there desk with you nicking off to do h-work, sorry I swore, I wont do it again I promise. You know Irons cannot be trusted.

Eliza #90

Karen McAlpine said...

The little sock kitties are really cute. How about a really uncreative name like "Socks"?? Beautiful quilt!!

Twiglet said...

That quilt is stunning!! And your little sock kitties are fab - I haven't made any for ages - maybe I will do a few for our next craft fair. x Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow - that quilt is AWESOME!!! I would never be able to make that in a MILLION GAZILLION years...
How lovely to receive those goodies from Doone - bet that cheered you up loads. Hope you are ok?

Hugs, LLJ #73 xxxx

AerynK Designs said...

Your quilt is really pretty. :)
Aeryn @ #53

Tammy said...

Great photos today! Love that quilt - it's amazing! :) Happy WOYWW! Tammy #121

lisa said...

It's so lovely to see you again, Sam, we've missed you these past few weeks. I hope Liz left the kettle on for you!!!!!!!
Love your new kitties, I hope Monkey is showing them a good time. You'll have to give me some time to have a ponder on names!!!!!
Your quilt is amazing too, you clever thing.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #88

Cath Davidson said...

WOW in awe of your gorgeous quilt! I am SO rubbish at sewing! and a lovely tidy desk :D ages since I've had one of those...soon maybe!

Happy WOYWW

Cath#147

ElizabethR said...

Wow your 12" quilt is "Massive" say that in gangster talk lol - me talk - Gorgeous !!!!!!!! Elizabeth x

fairy thoughts said...

well done for tidying up I would chhose that over ironing any time.
the quilt looks fab. I have bunting to take down after the olympics i think I may turn it into a quilt.... thanks for the idea
janet #39

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Sam, you definitely have to call your new kitties Fankoo and Fanka!
Ha ha! play on words ie your way of saying "thank you" to Doone! Okay just pick whatever grabs you but as twins, I think there does have to have a connection.
Your quilt is something else cannot believe you did it all they take forever well done indeed!!
And just for the record it is not the lemon which is natural insect repellant but the lavender - have rewritten the bi so no one else gets confused too..Thanks so much for popping over and thanks for sharing ~ happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz. x #25

trisha too said...

Hey, send those tidy fairies this way, would you please??

Happy WOYWW!
:)trisha, #144

Eliza said...

You can come over to play anytime, my house is like grand central station people coming and going all the time. I have a spare desk waiting to be used always. Bring the minature beings they can play with Hooter and the whale. LOL

Eliza #88 now
my number keeps changing.

Helen said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! Sorry I'm late getting here, I was falling asleep on the sofa last night and couldn't desk hop! It's obviously been a while since I visited your blog too, as you've made some changes, like it!!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated WOYWW, great tidy desk and welcome to your new friend.

Adore your quilt, you are very clever. Don't ask if l have released my sewing machine out of its box yet as l may have to tell a porky's!

Big hugs xx

PS. Your bed is very similar to mine!

Belinda Basson said...

We both had the tidy fairies in then! LOL...go make your September tag!

Anonymous said...

Monkey has a friend eh? Double the trouble is you ask me! Don't think I would name her, just say Hello Kitty! every time I passed!! Love the quilt, reminds me of bunting. We go to NW Michigan every year about that time, you'll have to bring your tent and sleeping bags though as we always camp! Looks like Sarn will be joining you too, so you won't get lonely on the journey over here!

Hugs
Brenda 3

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Sweet twinnie kitties! That's some lovely new stash and goodies you have there, certainly enough to cheer up anyone's day. Love the tidy desk but don't make a habit of it.

Jan Hennings said...

Lookin good :) Love having a peek into the spaces of fellow crafter's! If you happen to peek in on my blog, be sure to wear a hard hat! LOL!