Thursday 20 September 2012

CC2C - 21st Challenge - Blended Stains

Hello Friends

Linda over at Studio L3 has asked us this week to pop over to page 45 of the Compendium of Curiosities for this week's Challenge and follow the instructions on that page and make your project.  This week the lovely Guys and Gals at Simon Says Stamp are sponsoring the Challenge too!  Simon Says Stamp are also asking us to use Tape on their Challenge this week so I am entering this piece there too! 

Here is my take on the Technique.....

As you see I have a bit of a "Love" theme going possibly due to it being mine and Mr Hettie's wedding anniversary coming up.  For the tag I used some SU Very Vanilla cardstock and my TH tag die and a mixture of Dusty Concord, Chipped Sapphire, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint and Black Soot Distress Stains and Distress Inks.  The background stamp is my TH Butterfly collection and stamped with Cobalt Archival ink.
For the tape I used Purple Archival ink and my TH Christmas stamp to stamp on some masking tape.  I then added a little Dusty Concord DI ink once it had dried. The Lace was created using my TH lace die.  The flowers were made using the TH Pinecone die, glue gun and I added some DI and micro beads to the centre.  You can see the bees have been and dropped some pollen on their way out!
I finished it off with a word tag, again from TH and some ribbon bought on our recent trip to Prague!   Now that I have completed this tag, I have plans to use it on a scrapbook layout using a photo taken on our recent trip to Buckingham Palace.

Thanks for popping by.  Do go and see some of the other wonderful pieces using this technique.

TTFN

Hettie

12 comments:

Di said...

Gorgeous Sam - I love the way you ain't scared to get all inky :) Beautiful result.

Hugs, Di xx

Sarn said...

I completely concur with Di's comment above!

Happy Anniversary in advance!

Hugs,
Sarn xxx

Sunshine Girl said...

Oooh its great - not had a chance to play this week - unless I get creative tonight of course! thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

WOW! Those colors are gorgeous!! Great blended stain technique, you rocked it for a beautiful tag!

ElizabethR said...

It's gorgeous Sam, the colour is yummy and I love the flowers. Happy Anniversary xxx

G Peplow said...

Oh Joy!! I love the deep colours Sam, gorgeous tag LOL Gay x
p.s Happy Anniversary to you and Mr Hettie :0) x

Anonymous said...

Lovely challenge entry Sam, love the colours and woohoo l have that TH butterfly set too!

Did laugh a tiny bit at the 'blended stain' title, wondered what was going to come up on the screen - sorry, just my sense of humour!

I also have some Yorkshire blood so think you could be right about why we keep small ribbon snippets.

Have a lovely evening xx

Kim said...

oh boy! absolutely lovely, vibrant tag! you got those stains blending perfectly...have a happy anniversary

Sent from my IPad

Kate Yetter said...

Simply gorgeous! Lovely color combo and roses. So full of sunshine...almost making me wish it was summer again.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah Sam this is one smashing tag - mainly cos I adore the colours you are have chosen not all the browns we see too much of for my liking but some good clear colours!!yay great share! Shaz in oz.x

Tracey said...

Oh this is GORGEOUS!! LOVE the colours so much...so bright and cheerful! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show :)

Kim said...

I adore the colours! So beautiful and I like how you finished off the pinecone flowers with the beads.