Monday 16 April 2012

Happy Birthday to my Darling Hubby!

Good Evening Peeps
I will warn you now this is a picture heavy post so if you wish to go and make a cuppa before you start reading, I will not be offended in the slightest!
Today xxx (put in your own figure here) years ago, my lovely Hubby was born.  And long before I met him he was involved in local Hospital Radio.  Unfortunately due to working committments he is no longer involved but whilst he was involved he, and ultimately I, have had some very funny and memorable moments. So with this in mind I set about making Hubby a birthday present. 
It all started when I first went to Cornwall on a Scrapbooking Retreat with Just Scrapbooking and I saw a layout which Linda had done using an LP.  Little bell started dingelinelinging (is that a word? It is now).  So one day I happened to be selling at a car boot sale and someone was selling LPs and coloured ones to boot.  So I offered him £1 for a red LP.  He refused.  I went away.  Later I passed the seller, he came down in price.  I offered him £1.  I went away.  Then he came to me at the end of the day and asked me if I still wanted it and I offered him the same £1.  He relented.  Then he asked me why I wanted a red one.  So I told him.  His face was a picture and he told me it was a mint LP, never played and was worth more than £1.  I politely told him that the LP was now mine, having paid him £1, and that I could now do whatever I chose to do with it!
So the LP sat in my craft room calling to me. 
I have recently started taking my photos out of photograph albums as some of them are starting to deteriorate and moving them into a storage system which I bought HERE.  However, all the photos connected with PYF Hospital Radio I stashed elsewhere.  Until about 10 days ago.  A little plan formulated in my head and hey presto, this is what has happened to those photographs and the LP....




If you want to skip to the end and leave me a comment so I know you have been to see me, please feel free to do so as I thought I might show you some close ups of my favourite bits. 











Thanks for bearing with me (that is a little more than I can say for Blogger!    I hope my little bit of craziness has inspired you to do something of your own.  Please let me know as I would love to see what you come up with.

Don't forget to leave me a message so I know you have been.

Hugs

Hettie

Ingredients:  Dies - Tim Holtz, Sizzix, Silhouette; Inks - Distress, Colourwash, Archival - all Ranger; Masks - Creative (loaned from Penny - thanks!); Punch - Stampin' Up; Cardstock - Bazzill; Patterned papers - Rouge de Garance, DCWV, Snippets; Stamps - Tim Holtz, Stampin' Up, All Night Media, Jo Capper Sandon; Stickers - no idea - they have been in my stash that long!; Sparkles - Do Crafts; Tissue tape - Ranger; Ribbons - East of India and assorted; Grungeboard - Ranger; Chipboard - recycled from paper pads at work!; Anything else you are interested in please ask!

13 comments:

Jo said...

Oh my gosh, that's just fantastic!Bet hubby was thrilled to bits to receive such a fab, personal keepsake!Love how you've used that red LP....would have loved to have seen that guy's face when you told him what you wanted it for lol! Brilliant!
Hugs Jo x

jojo79 said...

What a great present for you husband

Sarn said...

Wonderful keepsake Sam. Bet he was thrilled with it. Lots of work here but well worth it as the results are great. xxx

Kate Yetter said...

Love all the bright colors! I bet hubby is glad you saved those photos. I love how you made records in the background and music notes! It shows that you put effort and thought into each page. I think my favorite page is the record with your handsome hubby's security pass. Well done!!
Kate

Di said...

Absolutely brilliant Sam! A whole load of work but soooo worthwhile. Love the red LP story too :)

Da iawn ti indeed!

Di xx

Belinda Basson said...

What a stunning gift and I think the red LP was a stunning find and will be loved and enjoyed much more this way than what man who sold it ever thought it could be... Funny how those bells can ring in your head...I have them too and they take a while to implement sometimes...

karen said...

Oh I bet your hubby loved loved loved this! What a lot of work and love that went into this! The bartering for the red record definitely paid off!
xoxo Karen

Helen said...

What a perfect gift! Love the use of the LP.

Jules said...

Wow Sam

How wonderful and special is this?!?!?

Jam packed full of memories and love. Just brilliant.

I bet your hubby was over the moon with it.

Not sure my son would forgive you for putting holes in that record though. LOL!!!

Have a good week.

Love Jules xx

lisa said...

What a great present, Sam, the LP looks amazing. If only that poor chap at the boot sale could see it now!!!
Bet your DH is thrilled with it. It's lovely that you've recorded all the memories and I bet the photos will be looked at much more than before.
Hope Hubby had a great birthday and I see you have a greenhouse, he won't see you now you know, you'll be in there whatever the weather!!
Have fun.
hugs Lisax

mandy said...

this is absolutely amazing hun. No wonder simon really liked it. Dont tell him,but he looks really young lol! Cant wait to see it in the flesh (the album of course,not Simon!)xxx

Karen said...

Sam what an amazing gift, I bet hubby was delighted with it? Its beautiful, so much detail on each page. Luv Karen xx

Morti said...

LOL - so your man and mine share a birthday! Happy Birthday Mr Sam.

What you haven't said is what his thoughts are on what you've done to the LP.... LOL.... great idea though!

I love the treble clef on the LP - I'm assuming it's a Studio file for the Silhouette? I'm going to have to track it down!