Thursday 13 March 2014

Another Leaving Book...

Hello There

Wow!  Day 6 of no wet stuff!  Hose pipe by the weekend do you think?

Do you recall that I made a couple of leaving books last year?  Well I made a third but have not shown it until now.  (Mainly because I forgot it was in my "draft" list!) So I am sharing it with you today.

I used my lovely Grist Mill stamps from Artistic Outpost as well as Think and Wonder sayings.  Each one of these books has featured AO stamps in and they are my stamp of choice for olde worlde projects.

The book itself was made using a Sizzix card die and chopping it at the fold.  I covered it with TH papers and stamped, inked and attached a clock to the front and a key made with Martha Stewart paper clay and mould which I then inked and applied wax on.

Inside pages on which I stamped using Archival ink.  This allows for people with oily or sweaty hands not to rub the ink off when they are writing their messages in.
The pencil and button stamps were brought over from my lovely friend Kim last year.  Aren't they adorable?  This was their first inking.
All the sayings are from the Think and Wonder collection of AO.  I haven't shared all the pages where I used some more of the sayings as it would make my post seem too long.

The recipient was very impressed and surprised when he got his book.  He had never realised until then that all the cards I have made him over the years were handmade!  and so was truly delighted that I had made his book for him.

I am going to share this with the Artistic Outpost Referral for March which is anything goes.  I am also going to share with the Snippets Playground as there are lots of snippets in there.   Put the kettle on someone! 

Thanks for calling by.

Hettie



15 comments:

Sarn said...

Here's a cuppa for you Sam!

Gorgeous book with great stamping going on. How typical that the male recipient did not realise you'd been handmaking his cards!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Irene said...

Hello Sam, Oh my word what a brilliant book I LOVE it, such detail and brilliance. Enjoy your well deserved cuppa.
luv
irene
xxxx

Di said...

Kettle is on - what a fabulous book. As always Sam, beautifully made!

Hugs, Di xx

Kathleen said...

When the time comes who's going to make your leaving book?
This is another fabulous make, love the colours and all the fabulous stamps.
Men eh? well at least there are no butterflies, yipee.

Kath x

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous leaving book. I am so shocked to hear he didn't realise you had made the cards, although it is a sort of compliment I suppose. But this is gorgeous and I love your stamps x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That is a lovely, thoughtful leaving present...I love the sentiments you've used!!
Hugs, LLJ xxx

Diane said...

Gorgeous book and Grist Mill stamp with the pretty colors.

Hugs Diane

Kate Yetter said...

So pretty! I love that cover.

Di said...

I came by for another peek Sam - isn't that key gorgeous! I do love paper clay and you did a great job!

Hugs, Di xx

lisa said...

Shhh still no rain but don't say it too loudly!!
This is beautiful, Sam, I love the colours and the stamps you've used and I'm glad the recipient liked his present. I had to laugh at the fact he hadn't realised all his cards were handmade, isn't that just typical of men.
Have a good weekend.
Hugs Lisax

Jean said...

Gorgeous leaving book, I love the stamps and colours you used.
Jean x

G Peplow said...

Wonderful book Sam, I can see your friends surprise, fancy not knowing you made his cards :D I think it is just brilliant, the sentiments are perfect :D xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a fabulous book! I like that you've decorated the pages but not too much so your decorations won't overwhelm the page. I've seen the Artistic Outpost gristmill before. It's a wonderful set and perfect for your book.

scrappymo! said...

What a wonderful leaving gift. I had a good chuckle that the fellow did not realize his cards were handmade by you.

I especially liked the last page with the pencils...so appropriate for an office leaving gift.

Words and Pictures said...

Simply lovely - I think this may be my favourite yet. I love the subtle stamping on the inner pages, and the front cover is wonderful - fab stamping, great twine, and those leaves tucked in - lovely!
Alison x