Tuesday 15 March 2011

Come on Spring...

Evening Ladies (and Gents of course!)

Does anyone know where the sun has gone today?  It was a lovely (if cold) day yesterday and yet today all we have is dull grey weather!  We have even lost the mountain opposite ours a few times too!!

Well, in the hope that the Spring weather (and temperatures) will show itself pretty soon I thought I would show you a "Springey" card I made one day last week.  I meant to put it on here for you to see on Friday but we know what happened to Friday (grrrrr!). 

It was made following on from my "play" with alcohol inks from last Wednesday.  I thought I would use nice sunny colours (sunshine yellow, red pepper and silver).  Then I stamped it with Archival ink (black 'cos that is the only colour I have - at the moment!) with my lovely new Paperartsy stamp which I bought just a short time ago......Ahhhhh!


I then mounted it onto silver card, wrapped some waxed cotton around the bottom before mounting it onto black card and finally mounting the whole thing onto a card.  I did have a go at printing the flower on a piece, which I was not happy with, so instead of wasting it I used the rest of the card to print more individual flowers so I could cut them out.  There are more waiting in the wings to "pop up" somewhere else!  
Ooops!  Forgot to mention that I used black enamel in the centres of the flowers to make them a little blackier and shinier!!

Thanks for looking and do please leave me a comment.  Off to make some Tea seeing as it is Tuesday!  I came across a blog last week which did Tea on Tuesday.  Just as soon as I find it I will take a piccie and join in with the fun!  Of course I will let you know too!   

Hettie

1 comment:

Karen said...

This is lovely, such gorgeous colours :) I know what you mean about the weather as we have had a thick fog here for two days now! It would be lovely to see the sun shining for a while!!