Tuesday 10 September 2013

Tuesday Scrapbook - Autograph anyone?

Hello Friends

Welcome to my blog today.  Thanks for popping in.  Why don't you pull up a chair, grab a cuppa and have a lickle peek at what I have to show you today.  It is not exactly a scrapbook per se but it could be if you put photos in it!

One of my colleagues at work was leaving the firm and rather last minuteish I was asked if I would be kind enough to make a card for him.  Eeek!  The usual thing we do is to buy a large card so there is room for everyone to sign.   This posed difficulties as to what card to use, before I even thought of what I could put on the front.  I just knew that due to his love of old motorbikes and cars that I would be using my Artistic Outpost stamps but how? was the question!  Is there any law that says it has to be a card?  Nope!  So I made a mini book with pages for everyone to sign and pop their messages in......


I covered a piece of chipboard with TH paper and then ran it through the B/S with a Sizzix card die in, and then cut through the fold so I had two covers.  I then stamped the covers with Dieselpunk images from AO before adding the Clock die from TH, cut from grungeboard, as were the arrows.


Into the inside and more images, as well as some from Paperartsy and a Good Luck! message.
Then I cut some pages from cream cardstock using tabs which I had cut too many of for another project which were in my Snippets tin.  I stamped each page with Antique Linen DI using a Paperartsy clock stamp and used images from AO.  I used Gathered Twigs DI for the rest of the inking - still  my favourite!












I just love this image!!! 
This quote is quite funny - Richard is around 6' 6" so stands out in Wales!!


More images on the back cover.  
Inside back cover.  Well you should sign your art somewhere!  The Best Wishes was from a Papermania set which is VOS.

I shall be entering this into the Artistic Outpost Referral Scheme as well as the Playground as there are lots of Snippets included.

Thanks for peeping and I look forward to reading your comments.  I think this would make a great mini album and in fact I have Hubby's anniversary in mind for this!

TTFN

Hettie

10 comments:

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous fab book xxx

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous creation, wonderful stamping and details. I bet it will be treasured xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That s brilliant, Sam!! So much more than just buying a card...I loved the quotes, especially the Guardian Angel one! Lol
Hugs, LLJ xx

Kate Yetter said...

Hello, Sam. What a fab little book. I love how you have used these AO stamps. You are getting quite the collection. I don't have this plate but I am thinking about it now. Such a fun & masculine mini featuring AO & Tim. I love it!
Kate

Sarn said...

Great idea. Have I told you you're a GENIUS today? Well you are!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Anonymous said...

This is amazing and far more special than a card, this is a treasure especially once everything has signed their names and left messages.
Stunning!
Wishes
Lynne

Words and Pictures said...

What a brilliant little album... perfect for all those farewell messages and signatures. Fabulous use of all those very cool AO images too. You do realise you've made a rod for your own back with this, though... who's going to be content with a "mere" card after this?!

Lovely to have you play along at Artistic Outpost.
Alison xx

Di said...

What a fabulous keepsake Sam, and so beautifully made too. Clever girl!

Hugs, Di xx

scrappymo! said...

Love this idea of a leaving book as a card. sIt allows room for really individual messages and turns them into a gift!
Well done...I loved every page...and every stamp! lol
He must have just loved it.

Finished my main floor outside windows today, so I am rewarding myself with a trip to America tomorrow...Michael's bargains here I come! lol

Anonymous said...

This is amazing Hettie. I'm sure the recipient would of loved this. Karen.x