Tuesday 12 February 2013

Catch a Wave - Scrapbook Tuesday

Hello Friends

Another photograph which was lying around in my Craft Room.  I was procraftinating (this is my word of the year!) whether to do something with it or bin it.  I had thought about cropping the photo but it did not look right.  Hubby challenged me to scrap it.  So scrap it I did!

I took a sheet of Basic Grey cardstock, bubblewrap wrapped round a block, an adhesive lid and some white acrylic paint and set to on the background.  I wanted to echo the dots and circles in the blue paper.

The blue dotty paper is a Fancy Pants paper with the journalling cards on the reverse side on which I got the title for the layout.  The stripey paper is from my Snippets Box and the reverse side was used as the background for the orange journalling card.  That Strip across the photo reminded me of starfish and has been in my Snippet box for ages!
The plain orange cardstock was punched with Martha Stewart punch, score lines added then stitched to the layout using my trusty sewing machine. 

I also stitched the ribbon and punched some bunting to put down the side of the photo using Snippets of the papers used.  A little Play ticket as well as a Go For It tag as Dobby sure did enjoy his running around the beach for the first time!  Though I must say he was not keen on the water itself!  I bought a paw stamp in Hobbycraft the day I finished this and you can just see it on the red paper which I embossed with white embossing powder!

I shall be sharing this at the Playground as it contains Snippets!

Thanks for calling by.

Hettie


9 comments:

Di said...

Brilliant Sam - so lovely to see the sheer joy on Dobbie's face, and a wonderful layout. Sheesh, you cut, punched, stamped, sewed, glued and goodness knows what else - love it! Hugs, Di xx

Sarn said...

Genius. I'd say you totally nailed the "go and scrap it" challenge from S.

I'm worn out just looking at the list of things Di's mentioned you did on that page!

Dobby sure looks like he's having fun.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Alison Scott said...

Wonderful layout. Look how pleased he is with himself.
I love that about dogs - you can really see them smile ;-)

lisa said...

I love it, Sam. Hubbys are good at challenging us aren't they??
Dobby certainly looks like he was having a great run but I'm surprised he didn't like the water, normally you can't keep them out of it.
Love the sewing on your LO too.
Hugs Lisax

Jo said...

Fabby page, love the stitching & Dobby defo looks like he's having fun! Love your word of the year too, lol!
Hugs Jo x

Anonymous said...

Great colours Sam, so bright and cheerful. The cute 🐶 looks like he's having loads of fun!

⛄Here again!

Big hugs xx

Words and Pictures said...

Love the bright colours, and painty highlights... great photo too!
Alison x

Bubbles said...

I love how even your stitching (which I adore!) looks wave-like :)
Just popping over from Pixies Crafty Snippets :)
Bubbles #21

scrappymo! said...

He looks so happy and full of life!!! Great , bright layout for him!