Saturday 29 October 2011

Grungy Monday - A Whole Lotta Tim Holtz

Good Evening Peeps

I hope you are all having a fabulous and Spooktacular Hallowe'en Weekend!  Don't forget we have an extra hour tonight.  In the case of most crafters I expect most will use it to have an extra crafting hour.  Unfortunately for me I will be tucked up in bed as I am a little under the weather with a chest infection!!  Yuk!!

To give me a little R&R I spent an hour in my Craft Room today so that I could take part in the Grungy Monday Challenge.  The lovely LINDA sent us HERE where we watched the Master of Distress Tim Holtz showing us a fabulous technique with Distress Inks and Perfect Pearls.

Here is mine....


I have to admit, this is actually the second attempt.  The first attempt got sent to File 13 (aka bin) because I tried to stamp the design with different colours but it didn't look good so never mind.  I am afraid that this photo does not show the brilliance of the Perfect Pearls but I can assure you that in real life they are awesome!
Happy Stamping and have a Great Weekend.

Hettie

Ingredients:-
Stamps-Tim Holtz, Hero Arts; Inks -  DIs Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Fired Brick, Wild Honey, Walnut Stain, Archival Coffee; Perfect Gold Pears; Flowers - Hero Arts; Distress Tool - Ranger; Tissue Tape - Tim Holtz;   Ribbon, charm, fibre, lace.

4 comments:

Di said...

Awesome in the photo too Sam! I love the sentiment as well - one day, one day I'll try joining in Grungy Monday! I have the ingredients (mostly) but not the bravery :)) Have a great day and hope that chest infection soon improves. Di xx

Karen said...

Love the tag, its really gorgeous :) Sorry to hear you are not feeling too well, I hope you feel better soon xxx

Sarn said...

Absolutely lovely tag. Sending get well wishes your way. Hope you feel better soon.

xxx

Linda Ledbetter said...

Happy Hallowe'en, Hettie! I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well, and I hope you're 100% better right away!

Your Perfect Distress tag is sensational! Beautiful colors-- it looks like an agate!-- and the embellishments are sweet and just right. I'm so glad you joined the GM24 challenge and look forward to seeing you next week!