Monday 4 November 2013

Scrapbook Tuesday - Dandelion O'Clock

Hey There.

How ya doing?  I can hardly believe that Tuesday has come round again!  Time for me to share a layout with you again so without further ado here it is.....

I hope you said a huge Awwwww!  Yep!  That is yours truly the day I discovered Dandelions!  Funnily enough I still love to blow them if I am out on a walk with Dobby!  

The title was cut on my Cricut and the butterfly paper is VOS by DCWV.  

The photo is one of five negatives which my Aunt found in her stash and these photos are pretty precious to me as a very large chain of Chemists here in the UK managed to lose most of the photos my semi-professional photographer Dad took when I was small, but never got round to processing them! (He used to have his own dark room.)  In a fit of peak my Mum took the rolls to the said chemist and they promptly lost them!  Thank goodness for digital ey!

The paper is BNS and is a sheet of Grace Taylor - Willie's Garden.  I was in need of a new scrapbook album and bought the Scrapbook Album in this range so had to buy the papers too.  The sheets have a little glitter on but I wanted to add more so out came my Lavinia and Hero Arts stamps with DIs.  I used some schparkly embossing powder on some stampings and schtickles on others.  The little sentiment stamp is part of a BNS NBIS Theresa Collins set that a very kind person sent to me.  You know who you are!  Thank you once again.

All the papers used on this are Snippets.  I had rather a good Snippet Busting day on Sunday making this layout and seven cards all from my Snippets box!  Remind me to polish my halo before I go to bed!!
The clock and matching butterfly were peach cardstock so out came the Seedless Preserves DI and a splash of water and hey presto the right colour pretties!  

Talking about colours of DI, Mr Hettie came home on the weekend from taking his Mum to town, which he does if he is not working.  As he was unloading the shopping bag he pulled out a package and asked "What are Persimmon?"  Can you guess what my reply was?  Yep!  "It's a colour of Tim Holtz Distress Ink"!!!!  Just goes to show that crafting is never very far from my brain cell!!

Have you spotted my new die yet?  Yep this beautiful Memory Box butterfly.  My long serving trusty Martha Stewart punch is all but deceased.  I have tried wax paper, foil to no avail.  So I needed to find an alternative and this butterfly flew in my basket when I was ordering adhesives last week!  Ooops!

My Buddy Mo asked what I use to photograph my projects on as in a recent post she could see the "rays" around the tag.  Well just for you Mo, here it is.  It is a Dartington crystal dish which was a wedding present and until fairly recently I was not keen on it.  It is really good for propping cards/tags and for resting layouts on.  

Right then.  It is only for me to pop this along to the Snippets Playground and I will no doubt get some cheeky comments from the Playground peeps.  If I am quick I can also get it into the Simon Says Stamp....Anything Goes.  The Hero Arts Dandelion stamp came from there a looooong time ago!

Enjoy your week.  

Hugs

Hettie

16 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love that title and all those gorgeous elements that come together so beautifully!

Di said...

Oh Sam, this really is an absolutely adorable layout! As Bonnie says, everything comes together so well. Love the little fairies :)

Hugs, Di xx

Irene said...

Beautiful Sam, a fabulous layout with lots of embellishments and stunning Dandelions.
luv
irene
xxxx

Sarn said...

Love love LOVE this page Sam. I think it is a favourite! You were so cute (what happened LOL!).

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow Sam, what a beautiful LO. I love the Lavinia and HA stamps and all the sparkle. Look at that sweet and innocent wee bairn! What a cutie!! Shame about your Dad's photos, but it makes the ones you do have more precious.

Hugs
Brenda

scrappymo! said...

This is so lovely. You were such a cute little kid...I always think that when i see your blogger photo!

The fairies and butterflies were a great addition to your oretty paper! And the sparkle too...

Darnell said...

Yes, Sam, what escaped my lips was an AAAAWWWW heard round the world! You AND the page are darling! I still stop and blow dandelion heads, too. They are hard for find in California, however, as people attack them with weed killer as if they were poisonous, so it's really a treat when I find one.

And this was a treat for me and it will be a huge treat to the other girls at the Playground! TFS! Hugs, Darnell

Kyla said...

Sam, this is a fabulous layout, I love the colours and the subject matter (So cute!!).

I bet you were furious when they lost your negatives...I would have gone ballistic, that's for sure. As you say, thank goodness for digitial (I am slowly getting rid of my darkroom stash as digital is easier).

Kyla

Lisa Carroll said...

This is beautiful! Love the colorful butterfly theme. :) Thanks for playing along over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Lisa Carroll said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ShanaM said...

Really beautiful layout

Kathleen said...

This is so adorable.

Kath x

Susan Hogan said...

I love the clean clutter and the colour! A fabulous page and I am so sorry that all the childhood photo's have been lost! You could have made some more fabulous pages. Cherish this one. I following you to you blog from a comment you made on an entry at Unstampabelles latest challenge (hope that makes sense) because of your name. My second grandaughter is called Hettie as well and it not short for anything. It is quite an unusual name. She is a total unique individual in so many ways and when I read your blog I could see so many similarities in style! Must be the name.

Kate Yetter said...

Lovely flowers along the bottom. And what a cute little fairy!

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous layout, Sam. The paper and your design is perfect for the photo ... so cute :) Love the dandelions and the little fairy too. So sorry that all those photos were lost to you but you have a few and they are priceless. Oh, and I did say awwwww! Elizabeth xx

Words and Pictures said...

Love this layout - the dandelion stamps are all gorgeous, and I love the light, fresh feel of the whole thing - and a definite Awwww for the photo - adorable!
Alison xx