Thursday 4 October 2012

CC2C - I am not going to let a lickle painey get me down!! So there!

Hello Friends

As the title on my post suggests, I am still hurting from my failed Broomstick Lesson yesterday but it is not going to keep me down.....not for long anyway.  I have some very interesting bruises in places I haven't known have existed for a while and I am already trying to figure out what colours of Distress Inks I could use to match the colours up for future projects.  At the moment I am thinking Dusty Concord, Peeled paint, Weathered Wood, Mustard Seed, amongst others, but I am sure these colours will change as the days go on.  My left arm and shoulder hurt like crazy and we don't talk about the a**** (that is 5 letters not 4!) or else it will start to hurt again too. So armed with ibruprofen and arnica I am carrying on regardless!  


So for those of you who called by yesterday and saw my desk you will possibly remember I had the makings of some C cards on my desk.  Well here they are made up....




.















I did a twofor!  I stamped both Inkadinkado stamps with Archival ink and then turning to page 50 of T!m Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities II, as I was instructed to by Linda of Studio L3, I coloured in some parts using Distress Markers (building up my collection slowly but surely now)




Once they were dry I inked around the edges using Vintage Photo Distress Ink and used my Rock Candy Distress Stickles for the Santa picture and Scattered Straw for the other.  I just love how they add a subtle glimmer to your pictures and makes them look oldey worldy.  Once all that was done I then turned them into some C cards to be sent in the not too distant future now!! 



Before I leave you I want to Thank Tracy of Cuddly Bunny (go check out her blog as she does some awesome projects and some hilarious posts) for sending me a lickle parcel which my neighbour brought up last night.  


We "met" when I saw her awesome little Domino book for another of Linda's Challenges and she kindly offered to send some dominos to me as I only seem to get black here in the UK.  I was absolutely chuffed to bits to receive these last night, especially after the day I had yesterday.  The tag is soo rich and gorgeous too and another for my wall.   I shall hopefully make something that you will be pleased to see soon.  Thank You sooo much Tracy!

Off to track some more ibrupropen (or however they are spelt!).

TTFN

Hettie




9 comments:

Annie said...

Keep taking the tablets and resting those injuries so they heal quickly for you....do as you are told! :-)
Hugs,
A x

Kate Yetter said...

These cards are fabulous! The images are so classic and vintage. Love them!
Hope you feel better soon! Rest & craft.
Kate

lisa said...

Ouch, it all sounds very painful, Sam, poor you. I hope you start to feel better soon. No wonder that little parcel brought a smile to your fave, what a beautiful tag.
Love the cards too, thanks for the close up of the stamps, haven't seen these before. They have a lovely vintage feel and the cards you've made with them are great.
Take care
Hugs Lisax

Sarn said...

Poor ickle Sammy. Feel better soon Honey. xxx

Gorgeous festive cards by the way. Always nice to get happy post too! That tag is beautiful xxx

Di said...

Ooh dear - I keep sayin' am not piggy backing your around next Saturday so hurry up and get well!!

Super cards Sam - and maybe you can alter some of them dominos next week. My decopatch arrived today - yeah, right, I might bring me knitting!! The colours look not too good on the papers but I guess when they're ripped into ickle pieces it might work :(

Take care, big hugs, Di xx

toni said...

I really like the way you've used the stamps and colours to create these fab cards x

Anonymous said...

Rest up Sam, Gaviscon on hand just in case of heartburn - yuck!

Hope your pain eases quickly :)

Lovely makes and a wonderful gift, perfect to cheer you up.

Sleep tight xxx

Kim said...

Those cards are perfect! I love the way you tied in the muse tokens....might be "borrowed" for my birdie. Keep your foot elevated, and have a great weekend!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah so lovely there, Sam make me feel guilty am way behind ah well still time love your African elephant aren't kids a delight love Shaz in Oz.x