Thursday 4 August 2011

Scrapbooking Layout - Notre Dame!

Good Evening Fellow Crafters

If you saw my posting yesterday you will remember that I told you that I had won the July Challenge for Shimelle Laine's 4x6 Love on Twopeasinabucket.  I have been very remiss and forgotten to post this layout on my blog so here it is.

I have been following Shimelle Laine's 4 x 6 Love Classes, but up until now I have been using my wedding photos. However, after watching the video I decided that I wanted to use some of my Paris photos which were taken on a trip to celebrate our 20th Anniversary, which I had received that day by post.

I flicked through the photos and out came 6 portrait photos of Notre Dame which I thought would be perfectly suited to this challenge.

Instead of using patterned papers I had the idea of creating my own paper with TH Alcohol Inks. I used a sheet of glossy card, alcohol inked it and then cut it into four 3 x 12 pieces to make the tops and bottoms of both pages. I cut another piece to make the red blocks which I stamped using TH and Cavallini stamps. At the top of the layout I used some ribbon in order to pick up the green of the trees, and the pink that is in the embellishments. The bottom edging I made with white cardstock and a Martha Stewart punch. Layered up some punched circles, cut the top title on my Silhouette, the bottom title with my Sizzix dies, some bakers twine, a pin and hey presto a layout which I absolutely love! It is nearly a wedding layout - just Wedding Anniversary instead!!!

I hope you like my layout.  I know for sure that I would never have attempted the alcohol ink backgrounds if it weren't for the Grungy Monday series by the Lovely Linda so thanks Linda!!

Talking of Grungy Monday, if Postman Pat doesn't get a move on I may have to miss it this week!!  Shock!! Horror!! Oh No!!  My heat gun died on me on Monday night just as I was in the middle of making a schparkly Poinsettia for the front of a book.  I will let you imagine how I felt about that shall I?  I ordered a new one straight away from Craft Obsessions which they dispatched on Tuesday.  I think it is taking the slow donkey!!  Typical as I NEED it!!!  Maybe tomorrow ey!!

Off to beddie-byes now as I am feeling very tired and need to be up and ready for the weekend as I am going to have to use my painting skills on the window frames - deep joy!!  However, if it is raining, then I will be painting louvre doors in the room that was my former craft room so that it can be a bedroom again instead of a large space in which we dump "stuff"!!

That's all Folks!  Don't forget to leave me a comment please!!

Hettie


1 comment:

Sarn said...

Morning Sam . . . hope the postie delivers your new piece of essential equipment today.

Great layout hon.

Hugs, Sandra x