Sunday 20 February 2011

Tim Holtz Day Tag

Hello again! 

It's been a bit of a busy weekend, one of those few where Hubby and I are together in the same place at the same time!  So yesterday we were busy on housey things and this morning I temporarily turned into a Housewife!Would you believe I actually introduced my Craft Room to the Dyson?   (Don't worry - things will resume back to normal - whatever "normal" is VERY soon!!!). 

I have only really had a few hours this afternoon to be "Craftey" and as I am well behind on my tags for Tim I thought I had better make at least three so that I can get anywhere near to the 12!  Haa Haa!  Fooled you!  I only managed to get one finished and here it is.

First I used the TH swirly mask (my fav mask!) and DI Dusty Concord, Peeled Paint and Antique Linen.  I then stamped the checkered stamp up the left and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Then I swooshed some Jo Sonja's Opal paint in the centre to tone the colours down a little and then used my gold "fingerpaint" in the centre and around the edge. 

I then stamped my "Happy Stamping" stamp by Amazing Creations which was a bargain when I bought it some time ago.  The letters were cut out using my Quickutz Silhouette and I cut them three times and adhered the letters on top of one another to make them thicker.  The @ is one of Tim's grungeboard ones.  I then used DI to colour the letters and again used clear embossing powder to give them a little schparkle.  Using my mini set of letter stamps I stamped Paperartsy with Black Soot and edged with Dusty Concord.  Once I had adhered these with foam pads I then used a little Glossy Accents on them. 

My last task was to ink the edges with Black Soot and go around the edge with a black pen and "stitch" the tag, add the ribbons and little tag with the date on. 


Voila!!!  Another tag to decorate my cork covered beam down the length of my Craft Room. 

Thanks for looking and thanks for your comments.  I appreciate them all.

Sam aka Hettie


1 comment:

Madie Ager-Warner said...

Loving the tags! I decided to play along as well if you want to check mine out? Which class will you be going to?

Smiling

Madie