Monday 5 December 2011

Well I Wish it Could Be Christmas Every Day!!

Hi Peeps

Sorry about the title but I have one of my Christmas CDs playing in my room and this track is on as I type!! 

Well, earlier this evening I asked my Hubby to pick a number from 1, 3, 4 or 5 as these are the numbers of Tim Holtz's tags which I have not yet done.  He picked 3.  Click HERE to see Tim's original tag 3.

Had to have a good think about this tag and the techniques as I do not have the stamps or the embossing folder which Mr Holtz has used (though if Santa is reading this I would be a very happy girl if you could pop the stamps and folder into my stocking!! Oh! And if you can put Harry in ooo-la-lah!!)

Then I had a eureka moment as I do have the Christmas tree stamp and embossing folder so I set to work.  I used Archival ink to stamp on the foam, then Peeled Paint on the top parts of the trees and Forest Moss for the lower part with Walnut Stain for the trunks (and my fingers but we won't go into that except that I know I will get funny looks tomorrow in work!).  We artists sure do suffer for our passion don't we!!

Here it is then......

I stamped several copies of this design so that I could make some Christmas cards before I stamped the tag.   Then I went on to emboss the cards and tag but on embossing the first one I realised that the folder and stamp are not a perfect match.  It is as if the folder image is slightly bigger.  Hmmmn!  How can I resolve this I asked myself and Hubby.  Then I had a thought (owch that hurt!).  I got my brayer out and the embossing pad and lightly went over the top of the trees and then added Perfect Pearl Pearls to give the image of snow on the trees.  Love it!!! 

On to the rest of the tag, I tried several versions of printing on the folder before I settled for Fired Brick and my lovely Flourish Stamp before I took knife to folder (eek!) and run the tag through.   Distressed the edge, added the Perfect Pearls, placed the canvas Reindeer into place.  (Have you guessed I like this die yet?).  Some Juniper and Pine Cones which Hubby helped me make the other night (gotta love my Hubby!).  I added some acrylic dabber on the cones before spraying some spray glue and sprinkling with glitter.  Adhered these to the tag using hot glue (ouch! told you we suffer!) and added some ribbons, a bell (from Czech - my favourite place to go at Christmas or any other time of the year to be truthful), fibres and hey presto - one tag. 

I am now very inkey, and just about ready for bed. 

Before I go, in the middle of creating this tag I had a surprise telephone call from my lovely friend Sandra of Stamping for Pleasure.  If you are reading this Sandra, thanks for the call it was great talking to you and this is what I was up to when you called. 

Night Night or Nos Dda to my Welsh friends!

Don't forget to leave me a comment and pop over to see Tim's lovely tags he is creating for us all. 

TTFN

Hettie

Ingredients:  Ranger - Flourish stamp, Tag die, Reindeer die, Pine cones die, DIs Antique Linen, Fired Brick, Reinkers Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Perfect Pearls Perfect Pearl, Stamps Reindeer Flight; Cardstock - Cordinations, Papermania; Bell from Czech, Ribbon, Fibres


4 comments:

Sunshine Girl said...

This is lovely - is that the pinecone die you have used? I ordered that last week but it still hasnt arrived yet :( - I love his idea of stamping and embossing but although I have loads of embossing folders non of them match the stamps I have! Oh well I can always dream! Its the red reinker I need for tag no. 3 next! Thanks for sharing and have a great day.

Helen said...

Wish I'd thought of that with the trees... love your tag, it looks gorgeous.

Sarn said...

Fantastic tag! Pure genius and very creative.

I only rang you so you could get ink all over your phone! Now there's an idea . . . perhaps we should have a "pimp your phone up" day? Or maybe in your case "Grunge Your Mobile Monday"? Whaddya fink? LOL!

xxx

Sarn said...

PS: Your tag is:

Da iawn x